GPS not working on Reborn ROM

mitchxps150

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Cannot seem to get my gps to work after flashing reborn.....sprint navi will not find signal....and when it is enabled i do not get any icon on top of screen....i tried all of the other settings wifi, bluetooth, etc and all give me a icon when enabled exept for the gps?...tried google maps instead of sprint nav but google maps ask me to turn on wifi for better accuracy and doesnt seem to work with gps...tried wiping and reflashing reborn...then doing two more reboots just so settings stick....same results

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The icon should only show when gps is actually being used, example, when Google maps is open and running. Does this happen?

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue where google navigation was stuck on "searching for GPS...". This started happening after I updated in place to the latest version of thunderrom. My copilot gps app worked but none of the google nav apps did.

Only way I could get it to work was to update google maps thru the market.

mitchxps150

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
tried updating google maps with navi but i still get the " searching for GPS"....but at least the gps orange icon comes on on top of the screen now....i also am running thunderom...do you think it has anything to do with the flash of reborn using thunderrom?....thx in advance

mitchxps150

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
GPS finally works!!..lol.....thx guys for all the input...turns out the only thing that worked was from houck...downloaded from market now gps is working with telenav....only strange thing is that when i first flashed reborn when i put the gps on i would get an orange icon like the one in the pull down menu....now when i activate gps it comes up blue like the original icon?...strange but im not concerened once it works!!...

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
GPS Not Working? CHECK YOUR GPS PRIVACY SETTING.

Also, under location and security, make sure your privacy setting is set to on.

I think you mean GPS Privacy Setting should be set to "Location On", which is really tantamount turning privacy off. The other setting is "E911 Only", which protects your privacy by not revealing your location. I have been ignoring this setting all along as I struggled, asked, complained, and sometimes practically ranted about my GPS going blind whenever I try to use the navigation feature in Google Maps. I think the main reason I missed it is that, even with GPS Privacy set to "E9111 Only", GPS still does work to tell the user's current location to the user.

The wording of the setting and its values are not entirely intuitive, but there you have it.

Now it all makes sense. Naturally in order to navigate for you in real time the phone has to be able to reveal your location to others.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Check the date people, alot of these threads are about a year old that your replying too.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power