choosing a Rom

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok am trying to decide which Rom to go with, I am using the Xionia recovery : few questions first.
1. I want to overclock alittle so which one would be a good choice.
2. If I backed up all my apps and stuff with titanium backup I will beable to restore to new rom right?
3. I use voice mail alot is that backup with TB? What about the camera?
Ok I know I am noob, but that is one of the reasons why I wanted to stay close to stock, but hey if i went and installed a custom recovery mine as well do a Rom too. I never installed a rom so i dont know what to expect from a custom rom compared to a stock rom. Any insight would be helpful!
Thanks in Advance.

jadenj5

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Reborn rom is a great one, rn im using the Scott Pilgrim cm7 and its great two

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Reborn, Scott Pilgram, and aosp are all able to overclock.....Reborn is the most stable of the 3, and is an awesome ROM. aosp is the most up to date gingerbread ROM, but has a few bugs like no mms(unless newest update fixed that. Haven't tried yet) and Scott Pilgram has a few bugs also(Bluetooth and a couple others)... They are all great ROMs depending on what you are looking for....I say try them all out and figure out what best fits your needs(ALWAYS MAKE NANDROID BACKUPS!!!!!!)
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
All I can add is that I love the CM7 rom that im running. My phone seems alittle faster than my dads phone with reborn rom (although they both have different widgets/lwps so take it with a grain of salt).

There are some bugs but I live with them since other than those bugs it runs rock solid.

selvian

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
RebornRom for functionality and latest features, overclockable, but some see reduced battery time

ThundeRom or ShellRom if you care about battery life and functionality

CM7 for speed, but not fully functional such as bluetooth, etc.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
RebornRom for functionality and latest features, overclockable, but some see reduced battery time

ThundeRom or ShellRom if you care about battery life and functionality

CM7 for speed, but not fully functional such as bluetooth, etc.

It is also important to note that ThundeROM is not supported/updated anymore but this is a really good breakdown :)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks for the input! This is excactly what I am looking for. I use Bluetooth everyday so that cancels one rom out.
Keep them coming!

Sent from my rooted Optimus s using Tapatalk.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Any rom come with complete removal of gps?

The gps is actually a piece of hardware located inside your phone. If you are talking about the software then I know that aospCMod comes without it a.d I believe Scott pilgrim does as well but check on the later. Anyway good luck

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running Reborn and haven't had anything that isn't working as it would on stock. I had to download the VVM apk but after that, it's been good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34