Hi new user looking for help

Black_Lightning91

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
First off I'm very new to smart phones and this LG phone so please forgive my ignorance. Second I have a US670 or the US Cellular version but from my understanding the S is the same thing. My question is I want to root my phone and tweak it but I am not recieveing Texts from certain carriers which requires an update. Currently I have android v 2.2, Baseband v US670ZV2.6040, Kernel v 2.6.32.9 My brother already had his updated and his is android v 2.2.2, Baseband v US670ZV4.6040, these are the only differences i can see besides the SW v on mine being ZV2 and his ZV4. If I get this update will it affect me being able to root my phone. Can I do this update myself or are there other possibilities to fix the problem like running a custom ROM. If you need any other info please let me know cause I really wanna mess around with this phone but I would like to recieve the text from other carriers too (cutting into love life here). Thank you to anyone who can help.

Cody

Black_Lightning91

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Also Im not a computer ****** but I dont know much about how they work or software or even hardware. I'm learning though just kinda hard to jump into cause it like all greek to me lol. I have been reading the Noob threads and stuff but I still feel behind? So if I ask you to explain more about something you post please forgive me I just dont understand what you are talking about. Also I tried to make this an edit to my first post but It just came up as a broken link??? Might just be my computer.

alexander641

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my "ROOTED" LG US670 to US670ZV4 and lost my root access. Im currently trying to re-root my optimus and having no luck using the standard rooting method. I read on another thread that update is a root blocker made by the manufactur.

Im still without root access and stilll looking for any kind of help.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
LG is not very smart when it comes to blocking things. What we had to do for the optimus s is install an older recovery then install the update, boot into recovery and root. My guess is your procedure will be similar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20