Reborn overclock

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this was posted somewhere already, but tapatalk is limited in seaches but what is the average overclock speed? Setcpu is telling me I can go to 868 and be stable.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this was posted somewhere already, but tapatalk is limited in seaches but what is the average overclock speed? Setcpu is telling me I can go to 868 and be stable.

Reborn is set to 729 at boot which is pretty standard. Any higher and your phone might become unstable.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am at the current set at 122 and 768 and runs nice and stable. No need to go higher than that, I am actually thinking of lowering the Max to 748 cause even with that the phone runs super smooth and has no lags or hangups changing between screens and apps. With profiles set up: when charging Max is 600, screen off Max is 480, If phone temp gets to 102 degress Max 480. All Mins are at 122. No problems, lags or what not.

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Okay let me just point out just because something is working that doesn't make it stable. You could stick a server in the middle of the desert at 150 degrees and it will run fine....the question is for how long. Every device has a lifetime and by stressing it constantly you will reduce that significantly. Don't get me wrong you might be able to run that 846 for a year or two until you upgrade your phone but if you want it to go the distance you should take it easy.

Also i've noticed that more and more people want to overclock to ridiculous speeds (both on phone and computers) for absolutely no reason. If your phone/computer is running fine and apps do not lag then why overclock? No need to overclock if you're just doing day to day stuff like texting, browsing, etc. I've got a buddy who insisted on overclocking his already nice computer when all he does is browse the web....absolutely useless.