1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help on rooting lg optimus s on a mac

does anyone know how to root a lg optimus s on a mac?

Quote Originally Posted by minhle619 View Post
    Just download Z4Root. It's available in the Amazon App Store or the Android Market.
    Want news/reviews/tutorials on technology? Visit my website http://www.techneektv.com

ROM
    Customized GB.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinehart93 View Post
    Just download Z4Root. It's available in the Amazon App Store or the Android Market.
    I believe z4root no longer works on zvc and later versions. Also, I think the gingersnap capability is being updated to work on the mac. You don't know anyone with a PC?

ROM
    Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
    I believe z4root no longer works on zvc and later versions. Also, I think the gingersnap capability is being updated to work on the mac. You don't know anyone with a PC?
    A PC isn't needed for rooting, or applying a custom recovery.

I always have the developer tools installed so it may or may not be needed but you just have to download the android sdk, extract, and double click on android inside the tools folder, and then install the sdk tools. Then the unrooting instructions are followed pretty much the same.

If needed I can probably write it up.

I would be really unhappy if I ended up with a phone that I couldn't mess around with under OS X.
    I don't bite... really! I don't!

ROM
    Stock Rooted, CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by minhle619 View Post
    I followed the Gingerbreak guide on linux. Should be similar for the Mac. All of the steps for rooting are from the ADB (Android SDK).

The part that will be different for Mac/Linux is the initial setup before you start rooting.
    • You have to get the Android SDK setup (Windows .exe is included in the zip)
    • You have to get the SDK installed and working from the command line
    • You have to make sure the ADB finds your phone when it's connected

After those 3 steps are completed on any OS, just follow the guide with the ADB shell commands

Hoverbot

a write up would be great!