RomManager Premiums ClockworkMod Recovery vs Xionia Custom Recovery

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have Xionia custom recovery installed right now. Is it okay to flash the clockworkmod recovery from RomManager?

And if I do flash the clockworkmod recovery does that make my Xionia backups worthless?

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The Clockwork recovery in ROM Manager is different from the Xionia Clockwork recovery done by Zefie (which may have been based on the other one). It was modified to work on our phones by Zefie. Why would you think a generic version would be preferable to one customized to run on our phone. As far as I know ROM Manager will brick your Optimus S since it is not intended to work on it.

Reactions: Magicman08

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Clockwork recovery in ROM Manager is different from the Xionia Clockwork recovery done by Zefie (which may have been based on the other one). It was modified to work on our phones by Zefie. Why would you think a generic version would be preferable to one customized to run on our phone. As far as I know ROM Manager will brick your Optimus S since it is not intended to work on it.

It will only brick your phone if you do something...erm...not smart. The only thing ROM Manager is good for (for our devices) is flashing the Optimus V ClockworkMod Recovery and flashing aospCMod, both of which work just fine. Try anything else and yes, you will brick your device.

Reactions: Mjones307

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
You have this working right now on your optimus s??? If so u should share how cuz ATM I know nobody with this workng. All I see are bricks with this...

Yes, currently. I've gone back between it and Thunder-C numerous times in the past with no issue. Just follow the directions in that thread and you should definitely NOT brick your phone. It has to be the Xionia one though.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, currently. I've gone back between it and Thunder-C numerous times in the past with no issue. Just follow the directions in that thread and you should definitely NOT brick your phone. It has to be the Xionia one though.
You are talking about a different recovery. This was a discussion about RomManager. Your still talking about xionias cwma.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Man you're like the little dude with the halo on my right shoulder who's rational and knows what's going on....and I am the devil who's really close to doing stupid stuff without giving a thought.

I did not know it wasn't meant to work with our phone, but it seemed logical to ask before I switched to a recovery system that has not been mentioned in this area of the forum before. (usually its thunderc or xionia) I will just uninstall it, and use xionia to flash the roms I would like to putz around with,

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Using a ClockworkMod Recovery for the Optimus V should be fine, as stated by drew above. The kernel is the same for our phone, and the same with the partition table. The only difference is APN's and (possibly) a keylayout.

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There is only one thing I would be careful putting on your phone: ROMS and recoveries... Two Things! Only two things to be careful about: ROMS, recoveries, and kernels... Three Things! Only three things can really mess up your phone: ROMS, recoveries, kernels, and Over-the-Air Updates! Four things! Only four things...

You get the idea. It's definitely wise to check with the hive mind before doing anything to the underlying layers of your phone's system. The most critical is the recovery and the...

jmb1317

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Man you're like the little dude with the halo on my right shoulder who's rational and knows what's going on....and I am the devil who's really close to doing stupid stuff without giving a thought.

I did not know it wasn't meant to work with our phone, but it seemed logical to ask before I switched to a recovery system that has not been mentioned in this area of the forum before. (usually its thunderc or xionia) I will just uninstall it, and use xionia to flash the roms I would like to putz around with,

sometimes you just have to ignore that little halo wearing dude and just let em HANG. The CWM recovery
in Rom Manager for the Optimus One or Optimus V is compatible with all Optimus variants.

ravioli

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
sometimes you just have to ignore that little halo wearing dude and just let em HANG. The CWM recovery
in Rom Manager for the Optimus One or Optimus V is compatible with all Optimus variants.

Just remember to use the camera button to select, not the menu button. :D:D

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What I understand from this is the majority of us will continue to use Xionia or ThunderC. Is that correct?

maajk1

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Rom manager is working for our phones, but I suggest keeping Xionia for a recovery. I just used Rom manager and I lost my recovery, and had to flash it back.