New Swype beta 3.0 out!

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just installed it, i like the horizontal word suggestions much better than the bubble popup they had before. makes it much faster to select a word. :cool:

Reactions: sblood86

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I loaded it after I got home from work. Seems like it runs a little more accurate too

Sent from my Optimus S using Tapatalk

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
another cool thing i noticed is that if you click next to a word already typed in your message it will give you suggestions and then you can click one of those and it will change it automatically.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I really want to download this new 3.0 version but when I went to beta.swype.com I see a huge blue highlighted message "If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)".

So does this mean I should not download this?

antipunk

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really want to download this new 3.0 version but when I went to beta.swype.com I see a huge blue highlighted message "If your phone came pre-installed with Swype
DO NOT download this beta (it won't work)".

So does this mean I should not download this?

only if your not rooted. you have to uninstall the old version first.

Reactions: ens04

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
thank you, for the quick reply. I uninstalled old swype version 2.68 (using Titanium) that was preintstalled with Reborn and just installed Swype beta 3.0 and I was amazed that it is so much better than the previous version.

Thanks

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Yes it does seem to work slightly better. Wish the download process was less lengthy though. You have to sign up for a Swype account....receive the email then open it from your phone....browse to link and insert code.....run swype installer....login with swype account....then FINALLY install. Just gimme a darn link to the apk lol

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Which version?

I selected "Swype Beta Full", but I'm guessing the English/Spanish would be smaller... Without explanation I wasn't sure, now I think I have the super fat version with all available languages. Reborn ROM gives me a lot more storage than stock, but I hate to waste. Oops, I see I just got the"Low on space" notification... Damn!

The old version would throw up a Spanish word occasionally that I didn't want, but I couldn't delete it since it was in the built in dictionary. I hope they allow for internal word deletes in this version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12