Solved:Apps not loading from sd card

brad74

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for their replies that tried to help me with their generous advice. I am most grateful guys. I solved it (which has been suggested) by rebooting to recovery and first making a nandroid backup, then wiping cache, dalvik and data, then re-flashing Nameless ROM (which I was previously running) and then restoring ONLY data from backup which you can select in advanced restore. Now the apps are working again! :) I was wondering though if anyone can tell me if it would be safe to flash Reborn ROM themes on Nameless ROM? Bc it's says in the post that you must be running Reborn ROM. Just wanted to know before I flash one and it screws something up. Lol. Thanks again for everybody's help. :)

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for their replies that tried to help me with their generous advice. I am most grateful guys. I solved it (which has been suggested) by rebooting to recovery and first making a nandroid backup, then wiping cache, dalvik and data, then re-flashing Nameless ROM (which I was previously running) and then restoring ONLY data from backup which you can select in advanced restore. Now the apps are working again! :) I was wondering though if anyone can tell me if it would be safe to flash Reborn ROM themes on Nameless ROM? Bc it's says in the post that you must be running Reborn ROM. Just wanted to know before I flash one and it screws something up. Lol. Thanks again for everybody's help. :)

If the post says you need Reborn ROM then I bet you need Reborn ROM ;)

brad74

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking is bc I do know that Reborn ROM was previously Nameless ROM that has been renamed with just a few things added. So that's why I was curious if the Reborn ROM themes may work for Nameless ROM.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for late response. We have other things inside the theme that are not in unnamed rom. So do this at your own risk. But I would advise you just update to reborn. If u are gonna flash on unnamed at least make a backup

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking is bc I do know that Reborn ROM was previously Nameless ROM that has been renamed with just a few things added. So that's why I was curious if the Reborn ROM themes may work for Nameless ROM.

As Jon said you are welcome to try, but there are a TON of under-the-hood differences between the two. Best case scenario it works but looks weird, worst case scenario you get a boot loop so make a nandroid backup.

brad74

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for replying. So u r saying as long as I make a nandroid backup I can try and flash a theme and see how it will act? As long as u think it won't brick my phone then I don't mind trying. Do u think it will brick or maybe just act screwy? Thanks

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks for replying. So u r saying as long as I make a nandroid backup I can try and flash a theme and see how it will act? As long as u think it won't brick my phone then I don't mind trying. Do u think it will brick or maybe just act screwy? Thanks

Anything could happen. But I guarantee it won't be as it should. You might get boot loops, random app crashes, or your phone could explode. Basically, update to Reborn. Its not that hard.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I say won't brick it... But I aalways expect the worst and hope for the best. So if it was me I would just update to reborn on the supported version 2.2. Any reason ur not updating from unnamed?

brad74

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. My only concern about switching to Reborn is the battery life issue. I know that it has been stated that it is associated with too many apps running and so forth and not the Rom but I just rooted and flashed Reborn Rom on my gf's optimus and she is getting less battery life than she was getting when she was not rooted and running stock and she hasn't added any more apps since then plus I read other people were having the same issues and I'm getting very good battery life right now with Nameless and I have tons of apps although I do kill them when I'm not using them. Now I'm not saying that I dislike Reborn Rom or It's not a good Rom bc I've never tried it, I'm just not sure bc I don't know what to expect that's all.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I know Nick has been working on battery life concerns as well as adding a nice modded pica kernel. Check the changelog.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's going to boot loop if you flash a theme . The services.jar included in our themes is specific to reborn.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Tweaks were made but he was working on some lil bug. Double check the thread and possibly the last 2 or 3 pages of posts

brad74

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Tweaks were made but he was working on some lil bug. Double check the thread and possibly the last 2 or 3 pages of posts

Ok I checked the changelog and he has added tweaks for battery life and he has mentioned yesterday that he was working on a build for the battery issue and said he was going to try and add it by today. So I guess I can try it out. Can I just flash the new build of Reborn over the old one on my gf's phone or should I wipe first? Thanks

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I always wipe. Just my personal pref. If u wanna I'm sure u can just flash right over the previous version