Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

ROM
    CM7 ROM

Default Re: [BRICK WARNING] - ROM Manager on the Optimus S = BRICK !!!

If I am in correct understanding the Optimus S and the Optimus V are very similar. My friends V was currently rooted, and Rom manager installed. The phone worked fine til he rebooted it. Now It Acts like it wants to boot up but hangs up after the android splash screen. I can't access Recovery, because it hangs up there too. I connect it to my laptop and ADB does recognize it but says its offline... Any Ideas?

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

Quote Originally Posted by StikX420 View Post
    If I am in correct understanding the Optimus S and the Optimus V are very similar. My friends V was currently rooted, and Rom manager installed. The phone worked fine til he rebooted it. Now It Acts like it wants to boot up but hangs up after the android splash screen. I can't access Recovery, because it hangs up there too. I connect it to my laptop and ADB does recognize it but says its offline... Any Ideas?
    Optimus V is Virgin Mobile, S is of course Sprint. They are not the same at all (different radios and possibly different hardware).

ROM
    cm 7.2

well, rom manager is working just fine on my optimus s (free version). i used it to install cynogen mod 7.2 on it. its working just fine, data/wifi/ screen/ everything works.
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Rom manager will NOT flash any roms here though.
    [

I have a ZVH version of Optimus S. I just rooted and I flashed using ROM Manager and now am running Your Mom's ROM. Seems to work great.

Though now I'm afraid to flash another ROM in case I just got lucky somehow.

I have succesfully bricked my phone using Rom Manager, I have tried everything and NOTHING is working!!! My phone is stuck on the Green Android guy and will not go into recovery mode. Someone plz help!!!!
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Congratulations? Everything? Can you get into Emode?

I was able to once but couldn't. Do anything else. Even after installing drivers pc won't recognize phone is plugged in. Guess I should've read a little more into this before clicking away!!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 Android ROM

Quote Originally Posted by rwarr1234 View Post
    I have succesfully bricked my phone using Rom Manager, I have tried everything and NOTHING is working!!! My phone is stuck on the Green Android guy and will not go into recovery mode. Someone plz help!!!!
    [BRICK WARNING] - ROM Manager on the Optimus S = BRICK !!! Read that on how I fixed my phone.

I finally got my bricked phone into emode but not sure what to do next.. xionia doesn't seem to be working....
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Awesome works smoothly went from 600mz 2 768mz thanks

Default Help!!!!

i didnt read the thread that says rom manager will brick my phone so i downloaded rom manager and now when i try to boot into recovery it shows the lg sign then it goes black after that. can anyone help???
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Help!!!!

Please read through the ROM Manager = Brick sticky thread at the top of the forum. There are plenty of ideas and suggestions therein to help you get out of the mess. Good luck!

i cannot find any ideas

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

You need to start with uninstalling rom manager. From there you need to install xionia custom recovery.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    You need to start with uninstalling rom manager. From there you need to install xionia custom recovery.

I uninstalled rom manager. how do i install xionia if i cant access my recovery

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

You install xionia while booted into android from terminal emulator or command prompt

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    You install xionia while booted into android from terminal emulator or command prompt

i entered the stuff in and nothing happens it just goes to the next line. how to i enter all the data that i typed in?

ROM
    I Am In And Infinite Boot

Default Re: [BRICK WARNING] - Do NOT use Rom Manager on the Optimus S

my name is Gary. I Have a Sprint LG Optimus S LS670ZVH Cell Phone. My Specs: idk much about it, but this is the problem and info:

1.)
    Orginally had stock hard rest on the phone.

2.)
    I Rooted the phone using your "Xionia Recovery Custom Mode".

3.)
    The Phone Was Ok For a while, but all of the sudden, i go to charge my phone, and all i got is:
    "Infinite Reboot"- aka: The Phone Will Not boot, when i plug the charger in the phone, all it does is
    flashies the "LG" symbol, then restarts and does the same thing all the time, until i unplug the phone without pressing any buttons.

4.)
    SO my dilema is, i wanna solve this issue, and have a complete through set of "layman's terms of rooting" or an easy automatic program that will fully root the phone + adding a custom ROM. Can U Help Me?

5.)
    my computer specs are: OS:-WINDOWS 7 x64Bit Ultimate
    ~TKM~

ROM
    I Am In And Infinite Boot

my name is Gary. I Have a Sprint LG Optimus S LS670ZVH Cell Phone. My Specs: idk much about it, but this is the problem and info:

1.)
    Orginally had stock hard rest on the phone.

2.)
    I Rooted the phone using your "Xionia Recovery Custom Mode".

3.)
    The Phone Was Ok For a while, but all of the sudden, i go to charge my phone, and all i got is:
    "Infinite Reboot"- aka: The Phone Will Not boot, when i plug the charger in the phone, all it does is
    flashies the "LG" symbol, then restarts and does the same thing all the time, until i unplug the phone without pressing any buttons.

4.)
    SO my dilema is, i wanna solve this issue, and have a complete through set of "layman's terms of rooting" or an easy automatic program that will fully root the phone + adding a custom ROM. Can U Help Me?

5.)
    my computer specs are: OS:-WINDOWS 7 x64Bit Ultimate
    ~TKM~
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by unknowntech4u View Post
    my name is Gary....

Well ideally you'd be able to use ROM manager, but as this (and many other threads) says, DO NOT USE it.

By "stock hard rest" do you mean reset... and did you do this after rooting? because if you did, your phone may be toast.

OKAY...SO I DID NOT SEE THIS FORUM B4 I USED ROM MANAGER...MY PHONE IS BRICKED AND WON'T TURN ON PAST THE LG SCREEN....i tried to go into recovery mode holding vol down and power and camera and search all at once...then it takes me to the recovery screen but it's blank.....any ideas.....i wanna flash software or a rom back onto my phone but i don;t know the keys to hold down to get to the screen for flash....the screen is a yellow android icon inside a yellow hazard sign with a yellow exclamation mark. If anyone knows what to do please help "/

Quote Originally Posted by lmjordanjames View Post
    OKAY...SO I DID NOT SEE THIS FORUM B4 I USED ROM MANAGER...MY PHONE IS BRICKED AND WON'T TURN ON PAST THE LG SCREEN....i tried to go into recovery mode holding vol down and power and camera and search all at once...then it takes me to the recovery screen but it's blank.....any ideas.....i wanna flash software or a rom back onto my phone but i don;t know the keys to hold down to get to the screen for flash....the screen is a yellow android icon inside a yellow hazard sign with a yellow exclamation mark. If anyone knows what to do please help "/

Install one of the stock update.zip files found in the stickies. You're lucky you can access recovery at all.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by lmjordanjames View Post
    Home, volume down, and power is the key combo to boot into recovery. Out side of that, I dont know enough about the unbrick methods.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

look around in these threads
    Un-Brick method for SOME forms of brick
    Alternate Brick recovery
    [HOW-TO] Unbrick your phone using KDZ
    never bricked my phone, so I'm with hlxanthus on this one.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast