For those interested in an alternative keyboard...

ngmanis

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I strongly suggest that you try SwiftKey X Beta... It's in the market free just search the name. It is quick, responsive and learns your style of texting so well that sometimes it's almost as if it is reading your mind. Best keyboard i've ever encountered, hands down.

Sent from my Reborn Optimus S

Metaphor.

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I strongly suggest that you try SwiftKey X Beta... It's in the market free just search the name. It is quick, responsive and learns your style of texting so well that sometimes it's almost as if it is reading your mind. Best keyboard i've ever encountered, hands down.

Sent from my Reborn Optimus S

Agreed.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My favorite keyboard was the one you use to be able to download with Lego ROM it was called LG_IME but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the newer ROMs

WARWGN

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using swiftkey for a while and Really like it! You have to let it go through your past texts for it to learn your style if you want it to work well right away.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the word predictions, but since getting used to swype, typing the old way seems like work. and it's harder in portrait mode than swype. but still an excellent keyboard and I think I'm going to keep using it for a few days and see how fast I can get with it.

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I love the word predictions, but since getting used to swype, typing the old way seems like work. and it's harder in portrait mode than swype. but still an excellent keyboard and I think I'm going to keep using it for a few days and see how fast I can get with it.

Yes, the next word prediction is very nice. But I do have to say, flext9 keyboard ftw!

InfernalRyan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I've tried many replacement keyboards, and by far my favorite is Ultra Keyboard (http://bit.ly/jUDngq). Has XT9 and word tracing (ie- SWYPE) support (suggestions are presented cleanly above the keyboard, not in an annoying popup), skinning, etc etc. Overall very clean, purdy, and customizable, leagues better than SWYPE imo.