need my deleted texts back!!

carters65

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??

Unless u had a backup text app installed there is no way of getting them back I would contact your carrier and see if they store them somewhere. Sorry I couldn't give u the answer u wanted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: jondevere

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I personally use backup 2 gmail app it saves all your sprint text messages and call logs on your gmail and you can restore at any time.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
SMS to Text app has worked for me. Exports to txt files to read/print later. Also lets you import the texts back into the SMS app.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

A) Are you rooted?
B) Did you flash a custom recovery?

If so and you've done a nandroid backup recently - do this

1) backup your current rom - just in case
2) load up an old nandroid backup - recover the texts - use a market one to backup/sync to google, etc
3) once you restored your text, reload your newest nandroid backup

You're good to go if you have A&B, if not - you are S.O.L. unfortunately.

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.

I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.

I'm sure sprint has the ability to get the information but I doubt anyone here will be getting a subpoena for them. That was the information provided by the corporate office (not store) to me a consumer (not a law enforcement agency of any king lol)

William Zepeda

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
can Google voice recover already deleted text, after installation of it?

Does this work on already deleted text? Or does it have to be installed prior?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams