I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??
    07-18-2011 09:36 PM
    I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??
    Unless u had a backup text app installed there is no way of getting them back I would contact your carrier and see if they store them somewhere. Sorry I couldn't give u the answer u wanted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    jondevere and rathakpn like this.
    07-18-2011 09:52 PM
    Unless u had a backup text app installed there is no way of getting them back I would contact your carrier and see if they store them somewhere. Sorry I couldn't give u the answer u wanted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    What he said
    07-18-2011 10:25 PM
    Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.
    monster8709 likes this.
    07-18-2011 10:30 PM
    All of the above is correct. Get Google Voice. Seriously. It saves EVERYTHING.
    07-18-2011 10:32 PM
    I personally use backup 2 gmail app it saves all your sprint text messages and call logs on your gmail and you can restore at any time.
    07-18-2011 11:08 PM
    Also I believe GoSMS Pro (which is free) will backup text messages.
    07-19-2011 10:42 AM
    SMS to Text app has worked for me. Exports to txt files to read/print later. Also lets you import the texts back into the SMS app.
    07-19-2011 01:18 PM
    A) Are you rooted?
    B) Did you flash a custom recovery?

If so and you've done a nandroid backup recently - do this

1) backup your current rom - just in case
    2) load up an old nandroid backup - recover the texts - use a market one to backup/sync to google, etc
    3) once you restored your text, reload your newest nandroid backup

You're good to go if you have A&B, if not - you are S.O.L. unfortunately.
    07-19-2011 02:24 PM
    Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.
    I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.
    Boba Espeon likes this.
    07-20-2011 09:06 AM
    I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.
    I'm sure sprint has the ability to get the information but I doubt anyone here will be getting a subpoena for them. That was the information provided by the corporate office (not store) to me a consumer (not a law enforcement agency of any king lol)
    07-20-2011 11:00 AM
    need text messages back
    12-10-2011 06:59 AM
    Hi carters65 ,

I don't know if you're still around , but I recovered my lost messages with this: Recover Deleted Messages

I don't know if it is compatible with your iOS, so try their free trial first!!!! u don't wanna purchase something that doesn't work.

* I had lost like 50 contacts. With a bit of hassle, I could get some of them back, but most of them I couldnt, because none of my contacts had contact with them and some of them lived abroad. It's a long story. Anyway, i got my messages back and that's all I care about

iAndroid4ever
    gingerc76 and Jimmy Lorio like this.
    05-20-2013 05:05 AM
    can Google voice recover already deleted text, after installation of it?
    12-07-2013 07:33 AM
    Does this work on already deleted text? Or does it have to be installed prior?
    12-07-2013 07:35 AM
    SMS to Text app has worked for me. Exports to txt files to read/print later. Also lets you import the texts back into the SMS app.
    12-28-2013 06:02 PM
    05-08-2015 01:39 PM
    07-31-2015 09:22 AM
    Also I believe (which is free) will backup and recover text messages. Here is the tutorial you can check out.
    Any way to get back messages deleted a months ago with this method?
    07-22-2016 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD