Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iAndroid4ever
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need my deleted texts back!!

I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??

Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by carters65 View Post
    I use my lg optimus s for work & have accidentally - & to my utter horror - deleted lots of texts from the last 5 months that i really need back. Lots of client info is gone. Can anybody point me in the rihht direction? How do i get them back??
    Unless u had a backup text app installed there is no way of getting them back I would contact your carrier and see if they store them somewhere. Sorry I couldn't give u the answer u wanted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: need my deleted texts back!!

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Unless u had a backup text app installed there is no way of getting them back I would contact your carrier and see if they store them somewhere. Sorry I couldn't give u the answer u wanted

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    What he said

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

All of the above is correct. Get Google Voice. Seriously. It saves EVERYTHING.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    TheKraven's CM&

I personally use backup 2 gmail app it saves all your sprint text messages and call logs on your gmail and you can restore at any time.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    ROM
    Shell 2.1

Also I believe GoSMS Pro (which is free) will backup text messages.
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

SMS to Text app has worked for me. Exports to txt files to read/print later. Also lets you import the texts back into the SMS app.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

A) Are you rooted?
    B) Did you flash a custom recovery?

If so and you've done a nandroid backup recently - do this

1) backup your current rom - just in case
    2) load up an old nandroid backup - recover the texts - use a market one to backup/sync to google, etc
    3) once you restored your text, reload your newest nandroid backup

You're good to go if you have A&B, if not - you are S.O.L. unfortunately.
    Soylent Green Is People!
    Sprint - Samsung Galaxy S3 --- Rooted, Tweaked, & Obfuscated
    Jellybomb Domination 20.7.0 with all bloat removed - Philz Touch Recovery 6.0
    KToons 11/4/13 TW Kernel -- MK3 Modem/Radio -- PRL 25016

ROM
    CM10 alpha5: Android 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
    Sprint does not store the text inside txt messages. Anything in the message is gone. Just went through this myself.
    I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by burkett1974 View Post
    I have to argue against this statement. For legal purposes, Sprint is required to keep a record of all texts associated to an MDN for at least 18 months. While CALEA requirements are not fully established for SMS/MMS, it is a required practice to maintain back up's of the SMSc for legal purposes. I work for a "Core Services" company and deal with this on a daily basis. I can attest that Sprint does maintain these backups. Whether or not they allow customer access is another story, but a subpoena will pull those detailed records in a heartbeat. I am aware that the OP does not have a valid reason for a subpoena in this instance, but the records are still there.
    I'm sure sprint has the ability to get the information but I doubt anyone here will be getting a subpoena for them. That was the information provided by the corporate office (not store) to me a consumer (not a law enforcement agency of any king lol)

need text messages back

Hi carters65 ,

I don't know if you're still around , but I recovered my lost messages with this: Recover Deleted Messages

I don't know if it is compatible with your iOS, so try their free trial first!!!! u don't wanna purchase something that doesn't work.

* I had lost like 50 contacts. With a bit of hassle, I could get some of them back, but most of them I couldnt, because none of my contacts had contact with them and some of them lived abroad. It's a long story. Anyway, i got my messages back and that's all I care about

iAndroid4ever
    Thanked by:
    gingerc76 likes this.

can Google voice recover already deleted text, after installation of it?

Does this work on already deleted text? Or does it have to be installed prior?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    SMS to Text app has worked for me. Exports to txt files to read/print later. Also lets you import the texts back into the SMS app.