1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Default My optimus is gone

Well through some freak stroke of luck I ended up with a free shift so I gave my opti to my gf. I loved that little phone and she's lucky cuz its rooted and I have to wait for a root to come out for my gb shift. Over all I like this phone though. I will miss my optimus community I have grown to love though thank you all for your help :-).
    Sent from my EVO Shift 4G using Tapatalk
    Android. You know like The Terminator.

Default Re: My optimus is gone

Hey bud I have a GB EVO 4G and Im in the same boat.. no root. I still frequent this forum and help others. I also still develop on the Optimus S. Stick around and stay connected to the Optimus Family, and good luck with your shift. Its a good device
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Oh i will keep in touch this was my first android device and i got a lot of love here.

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptian12975 View Post
    Oh i will keep in touch this was my first android device and i got a lot of love here.
    Ditto
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptian12975 View Post
    Well through some freak stroke of luck I ended up with a free shift so I gave my opti to my gf. I loved that little phone and she's lucky cuz its rooted and I have to wait for a root to come out for my gb shift. Over all I like this phone though. I will miss my optimus community I have grown to love though thank you all for your help :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by jondevere View Post
    Hey bud I have a GB EVO 4G and Im in the same boat.. no root. I still frequent this forum and help others. I also still develop on the Optimus S. Stick around and stay connected to the Optimus Family, and good luck with your shift. Its a good device
    Same here. Started with Optimus and moved up to the Evo 3D. No root or recovery but at least we have a "temp" root. That helps alot but still not the real deal.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unlocked not rooted

I'm about to get an Evo 4G from my bro who upgraded to a 3D, I'm not sure which to keep and which to hand over to my wife who still has a BB curve that she's ready to move on from. So I'll be in the same boat as y'all.
    Lover of all things Andi

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikRunny v1.01

Quote Originally Posted by fatal99 View Post
    I'm about to get an Evo 4G from my bro who upgraded to a 3D, I'm not sure which to keep and which to hand over to my wife who still has a BB curve that she's ready to move on from. So I'll be in the same boat as y'all.
    Depends on if you have the GB update on the Evo or not... if you don't, then you can be on your way to rooted happiness...
    Just another crazy Andi lover
    Have you been helped? "Thank" the person who helped you!! Don't be stingy!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Hopefully with HTC unlocking bootloaders we won't have rooting issues. This is pure hope though lol.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unlocked not rooted

I know it'll get done soon. I have been patiently watching a few threads here and on XDA it sounds like root is coming soon for the Evo 4g
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by fatal99 View Post
    I know it'll get done soon. I have been patiently watching a few threads here and on XDA it sounds like root is coming soon for the Evo 4g
    Hopefully the shift won't be long after.

I had a chance to move to a EVO but stayed with the Optimus S because on my recent road trip, the Optimus S was a champ, providing me with internet to my Tablet and laptop and served as my primary GPS. I was simply going to move for a bigger screen but my tablet took care of that.

This little phone is amazing or rather made amazing by all the devs and other members who so willingly help members out.

Quote Originally Posted by NicksOptimus View Post
    I .

This little phone is amazing or rather made amazing by all the devs and other members who so willingly help members out.
    You got that right. This device is the wolf in sheeps clothing. I've thought about the bigger, badder phones, but I'm happy enough with this one, mainly because of the development that went into it here on AF.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

Well my friends I have finally achieved root on my shift lol. I used a tweak to revert and got root on 2.2. Finally I'm where I was on my opti!

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

google should come to android central and see that so many ppl actually know what they're doing when they root their phones. Wouldn't it be cool if they put out a whole new line of android phones that were like pre-rooted and made espically for people like the people that are here.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

I would love that. Rooting is absoulutly essental IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by uberjam545 View Post
    google should come to android central and see that so many ppl actually know what they're doing when they root their phones. Wouldn't it be cool if they put out a whole new line of android phones that were like pre-rooted and made espically for people like the people that are here.
    Aren't you basically describing the Nexus line of phones?

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    Reborn ROM 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by ccrs8 View Post
    Aren't you basically describing the Nexus line of phones?
    Idk am i? I've never really looked into them.

ROM
    Evolved Recharged /Poon

At least now you can root EVO 4G cause I am rooted on it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    US ARMY INFANTRY FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Just a newb trying to learn the Steps of the Andriod .

Unhappy Re: My optimus is gone

I've also moved onto Photon, but the Optimus will be remembered fondly. It was the little phone that could.