Optimus s help please!

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
i used gingerbreak to root my phone. i used this tutorial to get custom recovery LG Optimus S Custom Recovery - SprintUsers.com and it wouldn't go into recovery so i rebooted my phone and tried home+down volume and power bottom and it went to a black screen. reboot and unrooted my phone and tried to factory rest and now its suck at a black screen after the lg logo.:confused:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
First off how did you the factory reset? Second what recovery where you using. Hopefully you did it in recovery! We could have easily fixed your phone before the factory reset. Someone here may still be able to help after you doing the reset.
The reason your phone had a black screen was because your phone has a newer LCD screen. The fix would have just install a different recovery like Xoinia recovery which is compatible with all screens. But now that you unrooted and factory reset is a different question. Hopefully someone can help.

sent from my Reborn Optimus

Last edited:
Reactions: username4040

username4040

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
First off how did you the factory reset? Second what recovery where you using. Hopefully you did it in recovery! We could have easily fixed your phone before the factory reset. Someone here may still be able to help after you doing the reset.

sent from my Reborn Optimus
no i didn't i couldn't get into recovery at all! i factory rest in the android settings.

bwoodz21

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
ok so im new to rooting. i was able to finally to do it with the help of most of you guys so thanks. now da bad news i didnt kno not to factory reset my phone. so i was stuck on clockworkmod recovery. i was there for two days. now where i am i downloaded and used Xionia CWMA 12518.4 VM and booted from my sd card. now i turned it on it tries and load it reboots then stays on the lg boot screen. i have the optimus s and i dont kno even if i was posed to use that reboot. and if it does work would anyone kno how long the boot process would take, or did i screw that phone up royaly