- 2 Posts
How to backup phone that is not rooted?
I am a newbie...updated to VD by accident and want to revert to VC to get my hotspot working again. I know about the instructional thread here for that, but first want to back up my apps, settings, contacts, pics, etc etc etc., just in case I brick it. Not interested in rooting, just reverting for the hotspot capability, and want to be sure I save everything so I can restore it back if I mess up. I have no clue how to get all my "stuff" backed up, or if it can even be done. If I mess up, is it permanent? I did not purchase the Sprint insurance for my Optimus.
- 08-09-2011, 11:16 AM #2
- 294 Posts
- Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2
Re: How to backup phone that is not rooted?
1) If you have a google account, all your contacts should be synced
2) all pics are usually stored on SDCard - just don't wipe the SDCARD!
3) settings are per ROM, so if you revert back you have to reconfigure all settings anyway
4) apps can be backed up by many apps on the market - Titanium Backup is one of the most popular
5) Only way to backup a full rom is to be rooted and have put on a custom recovery that allows Rom backups
Read, re-read, then root and hack - its not that hard if you pay attention and go slow.
- 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM #3
- 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM #4
- 08-09-2011, 03:12 PM #5
- 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM #6
- 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM #7
- 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM #8