Best rss reader?

saves

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I just switched from webos to this Optinus s. Got tired of no new sprint hardware for hp.

On webos I loved newsroom. Is there any decent rss readers that cashe dor offline reading like newsroom? Or is that still the one. How does it look on this phone? I kno apps can work different.on different _phones. Excuse the errors, firat touch kayboard and getting used. To it

reltm

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a good RSS reader (though I'm interested in hearing responses - I just bookmark reader.google.com and use it in the browser), but I figured I'd respond since you and I are in the same boat wrt just switching over from WebOS in the past couple weeks. I had a Pre for a couple weeks before switching over to the Optimus S as well. Lots of things I still miss about the Pre (esp app switching), but I'm totally loving the Optimus Android experience.

Well, let me qualify that: I've figured out how to change a few things which then made me love it. One was the keyboard: I tried out Better Keyboard, Swype, and a few others, but finally went back to the Android stock keyboard. The settings I found were most useful were: Settings > Language & Keyboard > Android Keyboard, then:
No vibrate or sounds (better battery)
No popup on keypress (I might be fooling myself, but the keyboard seems more responsive and I don't miss the popups)
And then all three "Word suggestion settings" checked.

Now I can type along and it does a pretty good job of getting what I want, at least good enough that I don't fell like trying out any other keyboards.

If you don't mind rooting, I heartily recommend Drew's CM7 build. Frees up space, phone seems snappier (yet no overclocking) and very stable (no freezing).

Hope you like your new phone!

saves

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol that was awful. I didn't notice all the errors. I had a pixi for six months then got a pre, had that for the last eight months.
Miss the real keys but oh well. Ido want to root it at some point but want to use it some stock first. It's plenty fast and responsive compared to my pre which bogs down often. I was thinking just frying our Newsroom, but don't want to spend five bucks if there is others that are similar, I already bought it on the pre once.I need to get used to using the suggested words more, its pretty good. So far I'm happy with it. Sooo fast for only 600mhz

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae