Car charging

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how many of you guys use car chargers but I am really interested in buying a car charger. I would really like to know if car chargers are a really good idea. By that, I mean, does charging your phone in your car drain your car's battery alot? Or does it use a little bit of ur car's battery, so is it safe?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You will never kill a car battery charging a phone. Not unless you never start your car. There are hundreds of watt-hours in a car battery, and your phone's battery takes like 7 watt hours total. It would take a LOT of charges, empty to full, of your phone to make a dent in your car battery. And as soon as you start the car, it's back to fully charged.

Reactions: ens04

the_mastermind

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you plan to buy one i sugguest ebay where you can get then for probably less than half the price in most stores. The build quality isnt as great but it works just as good.

chilinski

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont know how many of you guys use car chargers but I am really interested in buying a car charger. I would really like to know if car chargers are a really good idea. By that, I mean, does charging your phone in your car drain your car's battery alot? Or does it use a little bit of ur car's battery, so is it safe?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
If you go to Wal-Mart you'll find one for about $6 that's sold at the cash registers (you know, by the candy bars and stuff). It has two USB ends on it...one that fits the Optimus S and one for other devices that use the slightly larger USB connector. The other end is a standard USB plug that goes into the cigarette lighter plug. Note that you CANNOT use this cable as a data cable from your computer; it can only be used to charge.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Bought one the day I bought the phone. My car battery is fine. ;)
But seriously, you wont have any issues. I picked mine up locally but if you have patience to wait for it to come in the mail, listen to what people are saying about ordering one online.
Androidcentral has a very nice store that they have setup for us. http://store.androidcentral.com/and...rgers&utm_content=menu&utm_campaign=community and all you need is a micro-usb car charger. This link takes you to the charger section. :)