Lockscreen message

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to put a message on the lockscreen!
Something Like for example : If found call xxx-xxx-xxxx, Or this Phone belongs to Mr. bigman?
I am using the standard lockscreen, on Drew's CM7.

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You could try Widget Locker or something? But I'd assume you'd have to put some other type of widget on there? I was never a huge fan of Widgetlocker though.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You could try Widget Locker or something? But I'd assume you'd have to put some other type of widget on there? I was never a huge fan of Widgetlocker though.
Yea I already own widgetlocker, no dice there.
Thanks anyway.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

RoberMR

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use AVG (the free edition) which is a virus scanner available in the Market. Burried deep in the menu options under Remote, there is an option to put your own text in that displays on the Lock Screen.

Good Luck,
Rob

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I use AVG (the free edition) which is a virus scanner available in the Market. Burried deep in the menu options under Remote, there is an option to put your own text in that displays on the Lock Screen.

Good Luck,
Rob
I have avg pro but want get rid of it.

I googled your question, I would like the same modification. can't say I have used this app yet, but someone mentioned "contact owner" on the android market.
This works perfect! It looks just like it does with the AVG lockscreen message.

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

kh777

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Who else is seeing the warning message "HTC Android builds can crash the device when running Contact Owner. Your phone might be running on an HTC build. Are you sure you want to continue?"

(I'm running stock,ZVC)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Who else is seeing the warning message "HTC Android builds can crash the device when running Contact Owner. Your phone might be running on an HTC build. Are you sure you want to continue?"

(I'm running stock,ZVC)
Yea, just hit continue. I got the same message. Works fine with no problems.

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for the info about the Contact Owner app!! When I first got my Optimus, I wanted something like this and could not find a good way other than installing the AVG app, which I did not want to do.

Now if anyone finds my phone a contact number will be displayed. PERFECT! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze