So I was pretty amazed at the power of my Optimus's camera. (pic)

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
unedited. not messed with.

The pic was taken when the sun was setting at Lady Bird park in Fredericksburg Texas.

Here it is;
dd2d74.jpg

kinda cool how it caught the sun in the clouds. :3

Yes I am a professional photographer..... im not usually using my phone to take pics (did not have my camera). I have a 14mp samsung dual screen. <3

Reactions: basketthis

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nice pic! I just hate how slow the camera is (I have the Optimus V). The camera is one of my only gripes about the phone actually.

Sent from my VM670

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem so slow when you use the focus feature.... Doesn't have as great an ISO as my normal can but it's great for when I don't have it
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem so slow when you use the focus feature.... Doesn't have as great an ISO as my normal can but it's great for when I don't have it
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
Which focus feature? Do you mean just locking your focus on the scene before framing and taking your shot?

Last edited:

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: So I was pretty amazed at the power of my Optimus's camera. (

I use the button focus, halfway pressing the side camera button focus's mine. :3

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Nice picture! Beautiful sunset! :D

At the enlarged size it does not compare to a DSLR... :'(

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the button focus, halfway pressing the side camera button focus's mine. :3

Yeah. I do that. Still pretty disappointed by the speed. I rarely get a shot of my daughter where she's actually looking at the camera. If I do, it's usually just luck.

Fast Camera is a good app for instant shots. But the res is good for nothing but Facebook and the like.

Sent from my iPod touch

Supakitsune

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

I just wish our phones had tap-to-focus like my iPod does. I've had a few shots that I thought would come out nicely but I wound up losing to weird lighting.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

If you turn off focus, then it's a lot faster (not sure if this is available in stock ROM, but at least in the IHO CM7.1 camera). The sensors on these cameras are so small that the lens that goes with it at its hyperfocal distance means it has a HUGE depth of field anyway, so no need to use auto-focus feature except for things that are really close (about 3ft or less).

hugh_h#AC

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I recently got a Vizio VTAB from Woot. I was attracted by the IR "blaster" and remote software among other things. So having tried the IR remote software, I've found that it's essentially useless. If the software wasn't pitiful it'd be very useful to have a programmable remote built into a tablet.

So I'm generally looking for forums that will cover the VTAB, and specifically any efforts to write a good remote application.

Any ideas? Thanks

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Clean but I love my 4s camera shutter is fast nice exposure and all I use it.more.then my t2i but that's.cause its always with me.

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't think the camera is great... but it's very good at being average.

By that, I mean that using the stock settings it captures a very usable photo almost all the time. The focus is decent, the detail is decent enough to be usable and the colors are good enough that it doesn't look completely weird.

In contrast, I had a Droid X and in perfect conditions it would take pretty nice photos, but in average indoor lighting the photos would be out of focus, noisy and lacking detail.

I just use the camera as a tool... snapping photos of things like whiteboards doodles at work, product info at stores, pictures for ebay/craigslist, etc.. The phone in the Opt S is just good enough for the stuff I use it for, no more. I like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz