Is there an FM radio app that will work on the LG Optimus S?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, after posting this thread , and eventually reporting that my new device has, for the most part, worked out very well, I have to be honest about one major beef.

I can't seem to walk around the neighborhood and stream radio very well anymore. It works great at home, and it usually works if I stop somewhere, while I'm out. Sometimes it works while I'm moving, as well, but today the signal is really weak. I think humid conditions have something to do with that; it always gets worse when it clouds over. Sometimes it seems like there are deadspots consisting of approximately one and one-half sidewalk squares; though it takes only a fraction of a second to pass through it and kill the signal, it takes the system a minute or two to re-establish the connection.

Maybe it's more a problem with the network, I don't know.

So I'm down to asking if I can go all retro-1970's Walkman, and install an FM radio tuner. Is there such an app that will work on our phones?

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Simple answer is no. The hardware is there, and may or may not be connected properly, but on the software side, nothing has worked properly so far. Limited to streaming apps.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Well then, I'm sure glad I didn't give up the old WinMo device. I can't go walking anywhere without my radio, so I'll just have to carry both devices with me from now on.