Sprint reaction: anyone getting new phones?

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone is hosed because of the GB update. It's flip-of-the-coin whether my phone charges or not. When it does charge, it tells me to connect a power cable. When it doesn't charge, I get the charging icon when I take it OFF the cord. My reception is worse, internet slower, no dictionary, horrible keyboard, gps is off by miles, apps open at random, gmail quit syncing, hotmails quit syncing, and more.

My wifes phone is identical. Also hosed by the update. Only she is also having SD card mount issues again (stock card, mine is larger capacity).

Neither of us have rooted. Both are, and have always been, completely stock.

We both didn't like the phone before. Now I want to throw it at a brick wall and laugh as I walk away.

I know a few people on the board have gone in to the sprint store. Does anyone have any luck getting a new phone, or a credit to upgrade? Our phones are borderline unusable right now (due mostly to the charging issue), and I'm not going to keep paying $125+ per month for this.

Ivy547

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you actually taken the phones to a store? With your phones on that state, they have to do something. Do you have insurance on them? That should cover repair and/or replacement. Sprint release some workarounds, which are really just that, no problem solutions as of yet. This was posted on the Sprint community forums and has some workarounds for some of the known issues with the update.
Sprint Community: Tips and Hints to try helping you with...
I really hope they fix this soon as my phone hasn't been the best since the update either, it's driving me nuts really.Good luck!

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Insurance shouldn't matter in this situation. I didn't drop the phone and crack the screen. Its not broken or user error. I shouldn't have to pay an additional monthly fee to have protection from a half-baked and forced update by sprint.

I am going to be stopping by a Sprint store later today to see if they would be willing to work with me on upgrading or trading to something different, but as I have only had this phone for 9 months there are no upgrades currently available through traditional channels. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having any luck.

mcfisher1980

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
good luck. if you were to do that at any sprint store around here, they would laugh you out of the place. im gonna go out on a limb and say if they wont do anything, just ask for a manager or something. and if that fails, just do the old "i want to cancel my plan" routine. it normally works 9/10 times.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issues after I replaced my optimus with an evo ......the gb update jacked the evo like the issues you are having now. I called retentions and complained and had a replacement sent. Of course the replacement had the update also and was stilled jacked. So I called and complained some more and they eventually sent me a ns4g. Try retentions if you can't get a store to replace it for you, and see if they'll send you a comparable replacement. Good luck!

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I had GB for about 9 days with minor bugs. But on Monday morning, my phone went into a bootloop and never revovered. So I had my local Sprint store revert the OS to Froyo. Took less than 2 hours. I will be requesting 3 days credit on my next bill.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I also had issues with my EVO 4G, had to send it to them a few time before they realized it was the OTA updates screwing it up. Once I told them I would cancel if I didnt get a device that works that is comparable, they finally reset my update eligibility and I got the EVO 3D. Good things can come from persistence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2