Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
iBowToAndroid posted this a few days ago, here is the official page from Sprint.

You must have stock recovery to run this update.zip successfully.

ZVD update.zip
ZVD downgrade details

Code:
LG Optimus S™ Froyo Software Package
Download the latest Froyo software for the Optimus S.
Note: Performing this system update will result in a device reset, removing all contacts and account information. To retain your contacts, please visit a full-service Sprint store to perform this update.
Follow these instructions to install the Froyo software:

Make sure your device has a full charge before performing this update.
    Make sure you have an SD card in the phone (go to Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage).
    Download the file "update.zip" to your PC Desktop.
    Connect your LG Optimus to your PC via the micro USB cable and select the option to "Turn on USB Storage".
    Open the folder to view files on your device and place "update.zip" from your desktop onto your SD card.
    Once the file is copied, turn off the USB storage on the device, disconnect the device from the PC and power off the device.
    Now press the Volume Down key, Home key (on the front of the device), and Power key simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until you see an Android recovery screen.
    Navigate on the screen with the Side Volume keys to highlight the second option, "apply sdcard:update.zip".
    Press the Menu key on the front of the device after highlighting that selection to begin the software installation.
    After 2-3 minutes, select "wipe data/factory reset" using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
    Highlight the line "Yes -- delete all user data" by using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight "reboot system now" and press the Menu key to select this option.
    The update process should automatically power cycle the device.
    Once rebooted, verify the process was successful by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm the software version is "LS670ZVD".

If you experience any issues performing this installation, please visit your nearest full-service Sprint retail store for assistance.
Technical Specifications:
Dated: 10/03/2011
Software Version: LS670ZVD

Last edited:

Pierocksmysocks

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official Sprint ZVD/Froyo downgrade now available

Lol I guess new users have to have their posts checked by moderators before they get posted. Hopefully they'll delete my post whenever it populates.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You posted this already? I probably missed it. iBowToAndroid did post it earlier. This one is just the official one from Sprint's website. Some people feel more comfortable when it comes from Sprint.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the database on android central is having problems. I've seen a couple of posts where the answer came out before the question. I see your post now, but it wasn't there when I posted.

Jean-Marie

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting Sprints downgrade link. I was able to revert to Froyo from Gingerbread without alot of trouble, even without internet access to my computer. Used "Opera Mini 6" to download it to the sdcard on phone and "AndroZip File Manager" (free) to find it.Then followed Sprints steps.This is alot of fun working with these phones. Thank you. :)

thegreenman

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Isnt it strange all the trouble they've caused themselves with this update, and the fact that some of us have less or more trouble with the same phone hardware. My phone only has had issues with the drivers on win 7 once I fixed those all else works fine so far. :-\ I just wish they would spend more time bug checking and less time adding their bloatware sprint id crap.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have fixed all of the issues that my phone had, keyboard, charging etc., and I am pretty happy with this update so far. I just hope they give us some warning before they send out a new gingerbread update, cause I want to be sure they don't screw my phone up.

insyne

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, related question...I did the update, btw, very successful, as far as I can tell. However, I knew my apps stored on the phone would be gone. But what about the ones stored on the SD card? What the deuce? I can't access them. I've restarted the phone, mounted/unmounted the card, and I'm just stumped. Is there something I need to change or edit?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The ones on the sdcard have stubs on the phone that point to the sdcard versions. If your /data is reset, those are gone too. If you backed up with Titanium, you should be able to restore.