Accidently deleted my nandroid backup of 2.2.2 optimus s

chuza

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I need to know if there is any chance that can re-install the standard android OS back onto the phone. I ran 2.2.2 because when i tried to update to gingerbread the package was somehow signed wrong. It said my phone was up to date after that even though it wasn't. I managed to delete my nandroid backup i had saved on my sd card, I am using the Cyanogenmod 7 rom. I was going to switch back to 2.2.2 but didn't have space to make a backup of Cyan at the time. So I deleted the one that i thought was an earlier cyanogenmod back...which obviously is the mistake. If you can get 2.2.2 back on the phone somehow, let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you are still on the ZVD radio since you say your GB update went bad. Just boot into your recovery and flash a 2.2 ROM. Remember to wipe everything in recovery.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't panic! Its not to late... On Google search for Recuva by Piform. Connect your phone to your pc and scan your sd card using Recuva. Problem solved. I once did the same as you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: chuza

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you want to go back to unrooted zvd 2.2.2 you can flash the roll back that sprint put out. It is over in the rooting thread somewhere. There is a thread that walks you thru the process. If you want to keep root access and dont want to deal with re rooting and such i know there is a clean stock zvd nand floating around to. Let us know what you want and we can point you in the right direction.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
A 2.2 ROM as in a ROM that is what the standard OS was ?

Yeah like Reborn or Shell ROM or one of the 2.2 Roms. That is of course if you are still on the ZVD radio. You did say that the Gingerbread update failed right? But you are using Cyanogen Mod right? And you can still boot into that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781