Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone won't recognize my SD Card

my phone isn't recognizing my larger 8gb sd card but it recognizes the 2gb card perfectly fine. When I removed all paritions from it on easeus it gets recognized but android can't format it. This card is recognized in windoze perfectly fine as well.
    megrocks likes this.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: phone won't recognize my SD Card

Use your favorite disk management tool to reformat the card to FAT32 and insert it in the phone. If I recall properly from the last time I did this, after the phone formats the card to it's liking, you can then copy any directories/files over from the 2Gb card.

If you don't have a disk management tool, try . It's free and you don't even need to install it on your machine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    Use your favorite disk management tool to reformat the card to FAT32 and insert it in the phone. If I recall properly from the last time I did this, after the phone formats the card to it's liking, you can then copy any directories/files over from the 2Gb card.

If you don't have a disk management tool, try . It's free and you don't even need to install it on your machine.
    Monica Larsen likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That is what I have been formatting to still nothing.
    Shaun Metcalfe1 likes this.

Mines Dont Work Either Like WTF
    Thanked by:

Where's My Favorite Formatt Mangement Tool Located ?
    iss In My Settinggs ?

same problem
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Check the link in my previous post for a link to Gparted Live.

Another great tool to Format SD cards is SD Formatter. It was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards. Doesn't do all the stuff GParted Live does, but that's because was only designed to do one thing very well. Format SD cards in such a way that they perform optimally.

You can check it out for yourself here.

Do you have the Gingerbread (ZVH) update? Huge flaw with it not recognizing, or recognizing and later unexpectedly removing, card. Instead of rolling back to ZVC I got a higher class 32gb and it works perfectly. I know they are pricey but there always seems to be a sale somewhere for ~ $30.

Any possibility your new 8gb is defective?
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by mr383 View Post
    Do you have the Gingerbread (ZVH) update? Huge flaw with it not recognizing, or recognizing and later unexpectedly removing, card. Instead of rolling back to ZVC I got a higher class 32gb and it works perfectly. I know they are pricey but there always seems to be a sale somewhere for ~ $30.

Any possibility your new 8gb is defective?
    You have the zvh bugs just as this guy said

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5449 View Post
    You have the zvh bugs just as this guy said
    For anyone with these issues:

Formatting the SDHC cards in the phone with ZVH didnt work for me.

What did work - Use a card reader and format the card inside Windows. In the format window, select Allocation unit size, and try 'Default allocation size' then format(You can use quick format). If the phone still does not read the card, change this to 32 kilobytes. ( I have noticed that after the format, my card is a little slower in Windows, but my phone finally reads it. My SD read speeds on the phone though are at or above the cards stated rating, so it's fine cause i dont use it connected to the PC much.
    "Your Android Brain is capable of so much more"

my optimus s wont read any sd card i put in it 2,4,8,16. none of them.
    i'm running "your mom rom" on it. iv'e had it on my phone for about 4 months, and up to about a month ago it wont read any sd card i put in.it asks me if i want to reformat it and i say yes and it just keeps saying there is no sd card mounted.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I was having problems seeing my files on and SD cards and USB stick. Once I formatted them to exFAT..and recopied my files to them....it totally worked!
    (formatting erases the drive completly so be sure to backup your files to another drive first)

Article on exFAT

@@ SOLUTION @@ =====> Reformat SD memory card using SD Formatter 4.0 in Windows 7. Do NOT FORMAT with default WIndows 7 system software , it doesn't work! Had same problem as everyone else, but used SD Formatter 4.0 in Windows 7 on my desktop PC.. now the "Patriot" 32gb microSDHC memory works PERFECTLY in my Coby 9.7 Android 4.0 Tablet.
    Thanked by:

i had the same problem .

worked great quick format and full format didnt't work but a full overwrite format did thanks

Basically I had a 2GB Samsung SD card but because it's memory was full I brought a new 16GB sony card which is apparently compatible. I'm trying to transfer my files but my laptop doesn't keeps saying format file for my Sony SD card. Please help!!!!!

can the S4 read a sony sd card 16gb? thats what i have and and where it says mount sd its grayed out i dont know what to do.

how do I download games,and video and other things to my sd card on my Android LG optimus L9

Default Re: downloading to my SD CARD

how to download to my sd card on my android lg optimus l9 cellphone
    LIKE GAMES,VIDEOS AND RADIO PROGGRAMS,AND OTHER THINGS AS WELL

Default Re: downloading to my SD CARD

How to download to my sd card on my android lg optimus l9 cellphone
    like games with big files,videos,and radio talk shows and other things as well

Still did not fix the problem.

Even the software isn't able to identify my SD card. Help?

how are you supposed to format it if your connection for sd cards in your laptop, doesn't accept mini sd cards. is there a way of formatting it in your phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast