[Solved] Internal Service Failure

eracet

Mar 7, 2011
www.evolutiongamer.net
This is an issue solution that I had a few days ago and finally figured out a solution.
So this is a thread for those that may encounter the same issue.

When running applications such as tapatalk phone would start the application and a few seconds after using it would come up with error screen Internal Service Failure.

This was only noticed on applications that use the amazon appstore.

So after some nandroid restoring, data wiping and many other troubleshooting things it was still giving the error.

Here was the Final Solution:
Uninstall Amazon Appstore.
Logon to Amazon and remove the registered device (your device).
Follow instructions on adding a new device on website (same page as device listings).
Once you re-install the amazon application you will have to verify with user/pass.
You will have a listing as your phone on the device listings on Amazon website.

That is all you should need and anything that was downloaded from Appstore should work fine with no crashing or pop ups.

One thing I did is removed all my devices from the device page just to make sure I clean up any duplicates.

gumbydpl

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I just went in to the application settings and cleared the data for the Amazon app. And that fixed it.

lorelei13

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much. This was driving me crazy! I tried everything I could think of, but would hae never considered the correct solution!
:D

fredphoesh

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually clearing the App Store cache did not solve it.
What did solve it was to log out of the Amazon app and the Amazon App Store app, then to log in again.
All good after that.

rayjr13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. you should be able to run amazon app without the Amazon Appstore app now if you have the new(er) Amazon app. But signing out of Amazon app and signing back in resolved it for me. I had Amazon Appstore removed so no need to signout/in of that app.

Topsail

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help! I found that I didn't have to go through as much trouble as you did. I simply uninstalled the latest update to Amazon's app and that fixed everything. When you go to the app to uninstall via settings, there's a tab that says uninstall latest update. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a shot. About 3 seconds later everything was working just fine.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

MIKE1907

May 24, 2016
Visit site
TRIED EVERYTHING listed in this thread. nothing worked. called Amazon and spoke with a couple of different people. Finally spoke to tech support guy who had me go to App manager>click on amazon underground app> force stop>cleared data and problem solved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs