Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Reborn ROM

Default scratched screen repair

Just wondering what would work best to remove some scratches from the optimist screen

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Default Re: scratched screen repair

Pretty sure there's no way to remove the scratches once they are there. but here's one option.

LG OPTIMUS LS670 LCD GLASS DIGITIZER TOUCH PANEL COVER | eBay
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

There is a paste/wax kit for scratched ipod screens that will work. It's pretty much a straight forward "buff-out". Labor intensive, but worth it. Found it in BestBuy, if I remember correctly.

Some people have tried brasso, applesauce and toothpaste as a buff agent. I would be worried about the brasso and the plastic parts of my phone. Applesauce would appear to be a bit runny, I wouldn't try it myself. I've used toothpaste on my glasses, but I've never had a deep scratch on my glasses and I don't know what you're trying to buff out. A good rubbing compound from your local auto parts store may just be your best bet in price and function.

It's easier to prevent scratches (by using a screen protector) than to try to remove them. Unfortunately, they are no guarantee ways of getting those annoying scratches off except replacing the device or the screen. That's what I had to do. Sorry!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Reborn ROM

i tryed this displex touch screen polish didnt do anything but clean the screen but ill look into other means to fix it did look at replacing the screen but didnt really want to do all that for a little scratch here n there

I had a single, major scratch on my Optimus S.... hated my phone for about a month until I bought the ghost armor screen protector film. It really helped cover/hide the scratch... really only see it now in DIRECT sunlight.

ROM
    Stock Rooted, CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum View Post
    I had a single, major scratch on my Optimus S.... hated my phone for about a month until I bought the ghost armor screen protector film. It really helped cover/hide the scratch... really only see it now in DIRECT sunlight.
    Ditto on that. A screen protector will do wonders to hide scratches. I had a Touch Pro with a scratch so bad there was a divot in the screen. After applying a screen protector it was very useable.

My suggestion: buff it out with a microfiber cloth, if you want try Brasso or one of the other solutions, then apply a screen protector.