white 'Android' screen just keeps flashing it over and over

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Optimus S and kept the 2.3.3 update as I didn't have any issues with it at all. Everything worked fine. Again, I am not using a ROM...using Sprint's software.

Today, I powered down the phone and when I turned it back on, it get's to the white 'Android' screen it just keeps flashing it over and over and over. Tried battery pull and a reboot from the Android recovery screen.

Phone won't do anything else. Any help at all? Anything would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!

Popping the battery may fix this, at least temporarily. Afterwards, don't reboot in a room where someone's sleeping, because the annoyingly loud boot chime will play even if you normally have Silent Boot enabled.

As for a real fix, I got nothing. I've been having this issue myself and I posted about it over here. While popping the battery did solve the immediate problem of not being able to use the device at all, following the linked instructions to do a factory reset didn't help the underlying issue. Come to think of it, I need to go over there and mention that.

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Popping the battery may fix this, at least temporarily. Afterwards, don't reboot in a room where someone's sleeping, because the annoyingly loud boot chime will play even if you normally have Silent Boot enabled.

As for a real fix, I got nothing. I've been having this issue myself and I posted about it over here. While popping the battery did solve the immediate problem of not being able to use the device at all, following the linked instructions to do a factory reset didn't help the underlying issue. Come to think of it, I need to go over there and mention that.

I'm going to edit my post...because I have tried a battery pull. Didn't work.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to edit my post...because I have tried a battery pull. Didn't work.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. It's worked for me a half-dozen times! :(

Kidding aside, I'm beginning to wonder if Android and/or the apps that run on it are hopelessy buggy, or if we just happen to have the worst Android phone in the world?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2