benifits of running cyanogenmod

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What are the benifits of running cyanogenmod?
I see all the posts about installation procedures but nothing about the actual benifits of installing it..
Don't know if it is worth it at all or if having my phone rooted is just as well...
If I missed something ..my apologies..just a stupid question

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Try it, you will find out quickly why it is so loved...I've pretty much tried all the different roms available for this phone and always end up back to cm7, kraven is doing a amazing job right now with his..if you don't like it, you can always just flash back

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't got the nerve yet to try a rom install...I am so afraid to make my phone a paper weight...
I hear people bricking their phones everyday...lol
If I find a laymans guide for idiots I might just make that jump

deathangel1496

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't got the nerve yet to try a rom install...I am so afraid to make my phone a paper weight...
I hear people bricking their phones everyday...lol
If I find a laymans guide for idiots I might just make that jump

If you would like I can call you off a blocked number and walk you through it, its an amazing rom and kraven is an amazing dev

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just read up, people bricking normally are the ones that didn't read up on how to the guides on here are pretty good. Now with one click roots available it has become pretty much fool proof

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
well,,,i am rooted ,,,that was a "no brainer" but the idea of installing a rom is a bit outta my realm of expertise

i have no home phone so it will be a bit tough to hit you up deathangel1496...i guess i'll hafta find a "guide" to run me through the process....i would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
another question i have is how to install a Rom if rom manager has been causing people to brick their phones ?? i dont know if there was another program similar that anyone could recommend

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to the thread for the ROM you plan on
installing, the first couple posts are a walk through of the ROM. Install is easy, make sure you have the right radio installed, VH or vd, download the ROM to your sd, go to custom recovery, with optimus power on holding power, volume up and home keys, Make backup!, clearcache, install t the zip you downloaded and reboot. If you have a issue post it in the roms forum, they are well monitored and lots of people will help

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
i do have an app called Rom toolbox by JRummy16 and it can be use to install roms...
here is a link to that app on the market if anyone can take a look and let me know if that'll suffice

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
you will need to at least flash google apps... its all explained and linked in the begining of the thread.. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!! number 1 reason people have issues... if you end up messing something up like flash on wrong radio or forget to clear cache, you can just reboot back into recovery and restore back.

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
DON"T USE ROM TOOLBOX...just flash it normally!!!! short cuts WILL cause more issues then its worth!!!
It only takesa couple minutes to flasha rom the right way

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
i have been monitoring the post ....[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 12-8-2011
and have noticed alot of issues people are having ....
like problems with messages sending and not being able to charge with the phone off....
are these issues just part of it and its something i'll hafta live with ? or is this an ongoing procedure and these issues are being dealt with and fixed day by day ?

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
yea, it looks like the 12/8 build hasbeen having some issues, i'm sticking w/ 11/20 untill its straightened out... 11/20 is stll aval on post 1. kraven will have the newest build fixed in no time..

Reactions: spurfan33

spurfan33

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
yup,,,this is why i hafta consider the pros and cons of installing a rom at this time,,,,thats all i need is to end up with issues i cant fix,,,i'll wait for a rom that is tested and true .....
but i really appreciate your help and input

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma