SU - Permission Denied in Shell after Rooted

Groweed

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My screen is always on so that's not the issue :confused:

P.S I used this Tutorial: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...d-gingerbreak-no-reverting-ota-works-too.html

Im now trying to install Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.6) via this Tutorial: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

But not having SU in my Shell is stopping this. I have searched the forums and google for any one who could have also had this issue to see how they resolved it but to no avail :-(

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have:

1. The proper drivers for the phone, if you are using Windows?

2. Android SDK and platform tools installed?

3. USB debugging enabled on the phone?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
But not having SU in my Shell is stopping this. I have searched the forums and google for any one who could have also had this issue to see how they resolved it but to no avail :-(
Have you opened the Superser app in your app drawer and looked to see if you had denied superuser permissions in the past to adb shell, possibly by mistake?

Groweed

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you have:

1. The proper drivers for the phone, if you are using Windows?

2. Android SDK and platform tools installed?

3. USB debugging enabled on the phone?

Yes, yes and yes. I don't think I would have successfully rooted my phone without #2 or #3

Have you opened the Superser app in your app drawer and looked to see if you had denied superuser permissions in the past to adb shell, possibly by mistake?

I looked after you brought this to my attention and was hoping this was the issue but it was not :'(

You could install xonia via terminal emulator. I did it for a guy at work computer free

I will look into this thanks.

I seen to have got this to work by just redoing all the steps in the tutorials. So now I can gain SU privileges in shell! WHOOT WHOOT!

I have a feeling that this would have been a lot easier if my linux box was not in the pawn shop till pay day... grrrr.

Thank you guys a million for all the suggestions! It's really appreciated, I with this forum had a "Rate User" setup like some of the other forums I use. Im loving the community here and can't wait to be the one answering the questions as apposed to asking them.

Peace, Love & Harmony - Groweed :cool:

Groweed

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I fixed it!
I just followed the tutorials again as I did the first time around but this time after following all the steps I can gain SU in shell :confused:

I wish I could say definitively what I did wrong the first time around to help any one else not make the mystake but if you're reading this due to the same issue, just try starting it all over again... That's all I did. :shrug:

Thanks a million for trying to help me find a solution! It's really appreciated. I'm a firm believer in Karma, it's what I live by and I think you guys just earned some. Got to love a good community like this one, so much willingness to help total strangers. I just can't wait to be the one answering questions and helping people once I get this all figured out... Inside and out!

Peace, Love & Harmony - Groweed :cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01