Install Pre-Alpha VLC for Android?

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There are two pre-alpha versions (one for phones with Neon and one for phones w/o Neon which would include the Optimus S) of vlc, the superstar of multimedia players, for Android, at Still Loading ... ? blog:2011-09-18:videolan_for_android_pre-alpha. I have downloaded the noneon version but it will not install always giving the "out of space" error. I am not out of space. I am running data2ext on Reborn 2.0 and have installed several of the Android 10 cent apps since I first got this error. It may be that this version is just not compatible with our phone but I wanted to see what happens when others try. Try to install it and post your results. If it installs identify what ROM your phone is running. Thanks.

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Pre-alpha? What the hell, I have had a couple of brews and am feeling ballsy. Plus, I just love VLC. If I have ever worked on your computer, you have it installed. :)

I was able to install this with no issue, but it is definitely young. I got it to play some audio files, but it did not like the flv video that I tried to play.

I got it to sorta play an mp4 file that I had; audio plays, video has a frame rate of 2-3 frames every 6 seconds, so it looks more like an awkward slideshow.

Running Reborn 2.2.4 w/o data2ext mod. Flash Player not installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: lichan