Gingerbread broke voice recognition, reverting made it worse.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Before the Gingerbread update, my voice recognition worked flawless for dialing any of my contacts in any enviroment I was in and using my bluetooth. When the update rolled out, there was one contact that it just flat wouldn't recognize. No matter how I tried to change my pitch, pattern, background noise, etc, it just would not pick up the contact I was saying. Not even once. I recently had my phone wiped and reverted back to Froyo at the Sprint service center for an unrelated problem and now that voice issue is... well... odd. Now when I speak the contact to dial, it repeats the contact name back properly, only it will then proceed to dial a different contact. And it always tries to dial this one specific wrong contact. To be clear, it's not repeating back the name of the wrong contact as if it mis-heard me. It is very clear in repeating back what I said, despite dialing someone else.

Is there any way to train the voice recognition, or fix whatever went fubar with mine?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I would go into settings>apps and find that app and clear data from it. If that doesn't work do a privacy>factory reset

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci