Having issues with poor battery life - can't figure out why.

phatboynyc

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my LG Optimus with Sprint back in early May of 2011 and as soon as I got it, I rooted it and was using Nick's Reborn 2.2 rom for months without any apparent issues. Then lately, I noticed that my battery was discharging a lot faster than usual and my phone felt like it was overheating. I tried doing a fresh install of Reborn 2.4 but the battery issue remained. I reverted the phone back to stock and brought it into Sprint. They first checked the battery and told me it was questionable so they replaced it. But the battery draining issue remained.

I brought the phone back to Sprint and they actually replaced it with a brand new phone out of the box. Again, first thing I did was root the phone and install Reborn 2.2. Oddly, I still seemed to have the battery issue. I reverted it back to stock and decided to see how the stock rom would do but things weren't any better.

Now I'm running thekraven's CM7.2 rom but still seem to have battery issues. To give you guys an idea, if I have my phone fully charged at 8am...I'll probably be at 80% within an hour with little to no use.

At this point, I have no idea wtf is wrong with my phone. I don't know if it's a hardware issue, software issue or something else.

When I go to settings, go to "about phone" and check "battery use", it usually says that the "cell standby" and "phone idle" are at 50% or higher which I think is pretty high no?

I would appreciate it greatly if someone can offer assistance. Is it possible that something on my sdcard is making the battery drain quicker?

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well that sounds like maybe some towers in your area were upgraded or messed up and your phone is bouncing to and from different towers. Try putting the phone into airplane mode and seeing if the battery issue is still there. Also check and see if a background task is eating up data or something. Or if its constantly syncing. It could be a number of things

phatboynyc

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Would messed up towers cause an increased battery drainage? I guess if true, that would explain why I've been having battery issues with different phones, different roms, etc.

I'll try out the airplane mode thing but I don't think it's a background task or app causing the problems because each time I installed a new rom or even the stock Sprint rom, I left it bare without any apps so I could try and troubleshoot the problem. But like I said, when I check battery usage under settings, it says "cell standby" and "phone idle" are almost always above 50%, even when I haven't been doing anything with the phone. What is considered normal?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=938677

Also have you tried running the zvh baseband? While it has its issues, the roms for it are top notch and with drews gingerkernal v8.1 the very worst of its pitfalls are fixed.

Another thougt is it may be mis provisioned and you need to do a ##786# factory reset. To do this you will have to be on stock rom and stock recovery, enter that code into the dialer and hit send. It will ask for a special 6 digit code which you need to call sprint for (just tell them the issues you are having and were recommended this reset, but now it is stuck at the prompt and you need it to continue, write that down and store it incase needed later). It will go thru several boot cycles. Once every thing boots up i normally perform a privacy-factory reset just to clear out the cobwebs(when i have done this it was because of switching basebands). Remember to do this on a full charge and in a strong signal location. Once done with all those steps perform a profile and prl update and you should be good to go.