Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    Drew's CM10

It's worth noting that while iOS is based off Darwin/OSX it is not the same as OSX. It's also worth noting that while natty has 3g, it having 3g support is not the same as it having phone capabilities. Also there will not be a way to port the Android phone app and the Android phone app has nothing to do with actually calling aside from dialing and controlling the modem. It's not worth it really, but too each their own.

Also Android is already a fully working Linux system. Just instead of X11, it uses dalvik, zygote and surface flinger

-now please take care to note that I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just simply very very blunt. It's the best way I can explain things without them getting misunderstood.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Yaaaaayyyt ubuntu for android its not on the s but hey ill take what I can get!!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    Yaaaaayyyt ubuntu for android its not on the s but hey ill take what I can get!!

It only works with HDMI out. It's still Android on the phone's screen. "Ubuntu for Android" is exactly like the Motorola Webtop software.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEO View Post
    It only works with HDMI out. It's still Android on the phone's screen. "Ubuntu for Android" is exactly like the Motorola Webtop software.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    If I can play Vega strike that would be sweet

Default Re: native debian/ubuntu rom?(no loop)

Check out the official site
    Canonical, the group behind Ubuntu, is actually in the process of doing exactly that.
    Build a full Ubuntu release that will be installable on Desktops, Tablets, And PHONES. They hope to begin releasing this distro in Late 2013/ early 2014
    By building a single OS for all platforms you will truly be able to use THE SAME SOFTWARE on all devices.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12