native debian/ubuntu rom?(no loop)

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it'd be a nice dual boot. I've had ubuntu, ICS and Windows 7 all on my Netbook before, heh. (I don't have ics anymore, just ubuntu and win7 - the ics build I had was kinda buggy so I canned it)

I'd do it on my tablet before my phone, but I wouldn't mind having this. If anyone can figure out how to do this, that is.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

mfpearl

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It would be a waste of time to put lxde on the Optimus. I use lxde on my netbook(Lubuntu) and swear by it. but there's no way it's a good investment of time for a 3.2 inch screen. The kid who mentioned a virtual machine that could run Linux on android was on to something. Regardless the end result will be disappointing and borderline useless in comparison to android running on a phone or Linux running on a pc.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It's worth noting that while iOS is based off Darwin/OSX it is not the same as OSX. It's also worth noting that while natty has 3g, it having 3g support is not the same as it having phone capabilities. Also there will not be a way to port the Android phone app and the Android phone app has nothing to do with actually calling aside from dialing and controlling the modem. It's not worth it really, but too each their own.

Also Android is already a fully working Linux system. Just instead of X11, it uses dalvik, zygote and surface flinger

-now please take care to note that I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just simply very very blunt. It's the best way I can explain things without them getting misunderstood.

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yaaaaayyyt ubuntu for android its not on the s but hey ill take what I can get!!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

It only works with HDMI out. It's still Android on the phone's screen. "Ubuntu for Android" is exactly like the Motorola Webtop software.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
It only works with HDMI out. It's still Android on the phone's screen. "Ubuntu for Android" is exactly like the Motorola Webtop software.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

If I can play Vega strike that would be sweet

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

AW6498

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Check out the official Ubuntu site
Canonical, the group behind Ubuntu, is actually in the process of doing exactly that.
Build a full Ubuntu release that will be installable on Desktops, Tablets, And PHONES. They hope to begin releasing this distro in Late 2013/ early 2014
By building a single OS for all platforms you will truly be able to use THE SAME SOFTWARE on all devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non