block unknowm calls lg ls670s

rcksmpsn

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In layman terms, can anyone help me with unknown call blocking? I have tried several different apps on Market with no success. As it is also a work phone I can,t change numbers. Thanks for any help!!!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I want to say that I have seen this integrated into a CM7 somewhere... but the feature does not appear to be built into the stock ROM on ZVD. There are several apps for the task on the Market, such as Mr. Number. Try asking an attractive single woman, she's probably already got one installed. :D

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
CM7?? Could you tell me what this is? What should I lopk for? I tried that app plus several others.

Cm7 is a custom rom that would have root your phone to use. And thier blacklist function requires a phone number I believe, so would not work with an unknown number.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, did a little research on this. Looks like if you add the number "0000" to the blacklisted numbers in cyanogen (and I believe other blocker apps too) it will then block all anonymous/unknown callers.

I am running cyanogenmod7 aka cm7 and just dialed 0000 from the dialer then blacklisted that number. Hope this helps.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Although rooting this phone used to be a little more difficult, its actually pretty easy now with all the advances the devs have made. It's a easy as downloading a small program to your computer and then connecting your phone to the computer. The program on your pc then roots the phone for you with one mouse click. It's easy and it's foolproof.
Just follow the directions.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ck-root-sons-korhal-root-utility-1-0-1-a.html

Once the phone is rooted, go to the android market and download a program called Root Call Blocker. This will block all those bothersome calls for you.
The pro version is about $5.00 but the free version should work fine for you. I have tried a few others but this is the only one that actually works (at least on my optimus), and it works really good.
Because it works at the system level the phone never even rings at my end. The person calling might hear half a ring on their side before getting cut off. The app is a thing of beauty in how it works but you have to be rooted.

So download Sons of Korhal to your pc and follow the directions to root the phone. Then download Root call blocker trial from the market.
Once done, you'll also have the option to do a lot of other things with your phone since it's rooted, but that's a whole other thread. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey