Sprint Optimus S cold rebooted; has apparently reverted to PST

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Last weekend was the change to daylight saving time, in my case PDT. At that time my phone worked the way it's supposed to, and when I woke up Sunday morning, its clock displayed the correct time.

Last night I dropped the phone on a linoleum floor. The back cover popped off and the battery fell out, a thing which has happened a handful of times with no apparent ill after-effects. I've always just put the battery back in and the cover back on and rebooted, and everything was jake after that. And so it is now--with just one exception. It's now showing the standard time instead of daylight time, although I prefer to call standard time "wrong" in this case. For more than half the year now, "daylight" is the new "standard".

I want my phone to show the correct time that everyone else around me is using.

My understanding is that the time displayed on a mobile phone doesn't work the way a digital watch does; instead the time comes over the air from the service provider. So, why is this happening? How do I get the correct time back? I know there are clock apps out there, but my assumption is that they all get the basic time information from the same place, so they wouldn't help.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Optimus S cold rebooted; has apparently reveted to PST

ETA: My wife has a different make/model of phone on the same contract, and hers is unaffected.

ocellaris

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Optimus S cold rebooted; has apparently reverted to PS

It fixes itself when you make a call, or if you hop enough towers after losing signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21