root my phone without computer?

metalcorpse00

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tryed the gingerbreak, z4root and all it does is sit their staring at me like I'm stupid. My phone is original stocked. I did have my phone rooted until the update got ahold of it. Only reason I'm not using the computer is because, my usb cord stopped recognizing it when I plugged it in my computer. I've tryed from XP To windows 7. Nothing at all. So is their a way for me to root my phone without using my computer? Besides the fact that z4root and gingerbreak V1.20 wont work either for the 2.3.3.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
To answer your question: Yes.

Try reading the welcome guide as well as the big stickied how-to on rooting found in the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks section before creating another unnecessary thread. ;)

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
1.revert to zvd (look through the threads here) will try to find a link for ya.
2. have gingerbreak installed on your phone.
3. Make sure usb debugging is enabled.
(Settings>Apps>Devolpment)
4. Open GingerBreak and Hit The Root button.
5. It should take a few minutes or so. If The phone hasn't rebooted within 10 minutes, power the phone off and on again and try again. If your device does reboot, you are now rooted!
If you need some help with installing a recovery just pm me.
Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Alex Fisher1122

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tryed the gingerbreak, z4root and all it does is sit their staring at me like I'm stupid. My phone is original stocked. I did have my phone rooted until the update got ahold of it. Only reason I'm not using the computer is because, my usb cord stopped recognizing it when I plugged it in my computer. I've tryed from XP To windows 7. Nothing at all. So is their a way for me to root my phone without using my computer? Besides the fact that z4root and gingerbreak V1.20 wont work either for the 2.3.3.