Reoccurring issues with hardware.

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had 3 optimus s phones over the course of the last couple months, all having issues with dust and dirt getting under the touch screen. I would take it apart and clean it myself, but am unsure of the difficulty. Should I take it in to be replaced? Do you think sprint would just give me another or offer me something comparable in return.

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd take it in to sprint. Are the other two phones from sprint? (I mean are they all replacement phones?) You may be able to get a nicer phone. I have a teacher who had a original evo. The screen died and he sent it in and they had no original ones left so they sent him the evo 3d. Worth a shot.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had 3 optimus s phones over the course of the last couple months, all having issues with dust and dirt getting under the touch screen. I would take it apart and clean it myself, but am unsure of the difficulty. Should I take it in to be replaced? Do you think sprint would just give me another or offer me something comparable in return.
Let me guess, the dust goes from the bottom right corner up towards center of screen?

This is a known issue with the Optimus s a lot of them do it. Believe it or not the dust gets in through the return or search keys on front of phone.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I brought my phone in 3 or 4 times to have them clean it out. I have a pretty good corporate store that does the tear down while I watch.
With the right tools And know how can be done in about 30 minutes.

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a dusty too and took it to the local Sprint. They did clean it up, only to make room for more dust. Lucky for me, the phone died of something else, so I got a refurb which has worked wonderfully for over a year.