time for a new phone?

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Well its been almost 2 years with my Optimus S and ive only bricked it twice :p ,i was wondering what phone i should go to, i really wanted the Photon but... its being discontinued. So please tell me what you would pick and WHY. Oh also take into account i'm definantly on a budget so the new nexus is out :'( or i would already own it. Thx all.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well its been almost 2 years with my Optimus S and ive only bricked it twice :p ,i was wondering what phone i should go to, i really wanted the Photon but... its being discontinued. So please tell me what you would pick and WHY. Oh also take into account i'm definantly on a budget so the new nexus is out :'( or i would already own it. Thx all.

If the Galaxy Nexus is out of the question, then what about the Nexus S? I just got mine last night and I love it. Came to me rooted with ICS already installed. Beautiful screen and good performance. I picked mine up used for what I think is a pretty good price.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
OK then, if I get the nexus s does it run 4G off of WiMaxx or will it be compatible with LTE, when ever sprint gets off their behinds and "turns" it on, or should I wait to see what replaces the Photon?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It runs wimax but the iCs update made the reception 5 times better so if u got even a lil bit of wimax around the phone will pick it up im in Chicago and I have full 4G anywhere I go

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Kalums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, any of the phones that run wimax cannot run lte. I switched over to a photon and I love this piece of equipment. Even if its being eol by sprint, moto has made it official ics is coming to it...

Btw, a photon q(2) is being designed, set to run lte.

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk 2

Reactions: Kalums

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Um... $199.99....
He must be including lots of primo accessories: Otterbox lined with genuine otter fur and a bluetooth that allows you to voice control the Bluemen Group from your seat. Or maybe just a dumb clock like the one Crackberry Kevin got suckered dared to buy by a convention girl.

I don't know. I've been a loyal Sprint PCS customer for like 14 years now. I love the new devices that they have at the store, and that's from where I just came. However, all the posters are telling me to get a new fancy phone on "the Now Network".... and when you ask them when 4G LTE will actually "arrive" like me in this town, they can only shrug their shoulders. It really is the "Maybe Someday Network" where you have to wonder if "Long Term Evolution" is more aptly named than it gets credit. Last time I looked at the timeline, evolution took a frickin' long time!

As much as I really want a new GS3 or even Evo LTE, I am tempted to pick up a used GS2E4GT with WiMax (which is actually already available where I am) for $200 and just ride out my plan... or go with Verizon in a few months. Maybe I owe it to them to give them to year's end to get it done or fail while promising ambiguously.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly thinking of picking up the new photon... The slider one sprint just released. It has lte, which is set to go love in my area anyday.... We already got network vision and I can do mostly anything over 3g anyway...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

stevek216

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
He must be including lots of primo accessories: Otterbox lined with genuine otter fur and a bluetooth that allows you to voice control the Bluemen Group from your seat. Or maybe just a dumb clock like the one Crackberry Kevin got suckered dared to buy by a convention girl.

I don't know. I've been a loyal Sprint PCS customer for like 14 years now. I love the new devices that they have at the store, and that's from where I just came. However, all the posters are telling me to get a new fancy phone on "the Now Network".... and when you ask them when 4G LTE will actually "arrive" like me in this town, they can only shrug their shoulders. It really is the "Maybe Someday Network" where you have to wonder if "Long Term Evolution" is more aptly named than it gets credit. Last time I looked at the timeline, evolution took a frickin' long time!

As much as I really want a new GS3 or even Evo LTE, I am tempted to pick up a used GS2E4GT with WiMax (which is actually already available where I am) for $200 and just ride out my plan... or go with Verizon in a few months. Maybe I owe it to them to give them to year's end to get it done or fail while promising ambiguously.

Amen. Perhaps we can just hope for a "punctuated equilibrium" network evolution. Last I heard, Sprint couldn't turn LTE towers on because they had birds nesting in them. Go figure.

I have to wonder whether T-Mobile's new actually unlimited plans are the better option now...