1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    FreeGS3

Default Wired Tether?

Hi-

Looking for some help with sharing my wifi connection on my Optimus to my desktop.

Right now i have CM9 installed with Drew's new kernel, v2 i think. The "Wired Tether" App wouldn't work, stated some issue with an incompatible kernel.

Foxfi won't work, since my desktop doesn't have a wireless card, the only option I have to connect is through USB. Easytether is being weird and won't establish a solid connection. Any other apps you guys recommend?
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!

ROM
    stock for now

Default Re: Wired Tether?

you can try pda net but you have to buy the app to be able to browse secure sites there is a trial period tho so you can see if you like it

ROM
    CM10(u jelly?)

Easytether works well. Its free if you get the lite version. Just follow the directions.

EDIT: I'm blind......... disregard my post

ROM
    ColdAsIce/HydroROM

Free version of EasyTether doesn't support UDP, so no gaming and etc.

PdaNet is also good, but I find myself using EasyTether the most.

What do you mean by "won't establish a solid connection"? Can you provide a detailed summary of what the problem is?

i use easy tether, dont know what problems you could be having. try the full version! it's worth it. however if you have it rooted, i believe the sprint hotspot application has wired option.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    FreeGS3

Turns out PDANet seems to be the easiest option with my phone. Thanks everyone
    Remember to "Thank" people who help you out!