The kravens(ICS)Cold as ice(if its not a bug report it goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to help dev out and not clog the development thread they are getting mad cause everyone keeps bothering them with questions that isn't solveing their problems so lets let them work over there while we talk about it and hang here

I for one am wondering if drew's cwmT th8.1 is better to flash cold as ice 11d than xionia recovery. Does this affect it in any way?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to help dev out and not clog the development thread they are getting mad cause everyone keeps bothering them with questions that isn't solveing their problems so lets let them work over there while we talk about it and hang here

I for one am wondering if drew's cwmT th8.1 is better to flash cold as ice 11d than xionia recovery. Does this affect it in any way?

they flash the same for me

Sent from futuristic optimus s

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm using that recovery and haven't had issues with it. I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not but wasent Gmail available in the market and removed from the gapps package? I can't find it any where

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: The kravens (ICS)Cold as ice discussion forum

Good idea here dude. Maybe change the thread title to: "If it's about Cold as Ice, and it's not a new bug report, than post it here"? or something like that.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

kraven posted the small version of gapps. Probably because he thought it runs better and I trust him. I don't think it has gmail though.

Or maybe because gmail was incompatible.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Google removed Gmail from the package all together, just clearing data and cache didn't work so I went to recovery and cleared caches there and it came back. Not sure why it disappeared in the first place.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Good idea here dude. Maybe change the thread title to: "If it's about Cold as Ice, and it's not a new bug report, than post it here"? or something like that.

Not sure how from my droid or the AC app I should say

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't have tapatalk so I don't know, sorry.maybe do it from phone web browser?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

No No No..

That doesn't make sense... Gmail is compatable with ARMv6 processors, Sprint (carrier of course) and THEIR own version of Android... ICS..

That just doesn't make any sense..

Yeah.. I would do what you said, clear cache.

I would also trying to UNINSTALL updates to Gmail.. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Gmail > Uninstall Updates

Then clear Google Play Store's Cache and Data...

Settings > Applications > All > Play Store (or any variant of it) > Wipe Cache and Clear Data (click OK or YES if it asks are you sure)

... Some people have had trouble with faulty G'Play Store Error messages and SOME of them are fixable by clearing G'Play store cache and Data..

Once you've cleared Cache and Data for G'Play and Uninstalled updates to Gmail, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery...

FLASHBACK.. when I had CM7, I kept getting messages such as "Invalid Package File" and others like the "Not enough space" messages.. So I eventually contacted one of the dev's at AndroidCentral (I think it was either jstntp or thekraven) and they (one or the other) said that I might have to clear Data to fix.. So I cleared Data, Cache, and D. Cache and it worked again..

If all of this didn't help, try "Eris Market Fix" from the G'Play Store.. I in fact know that one is compatible, it cleared the "NO SPACE" messages, but it then switched to "Invalid Package File" messages..

Hope it helped! If you don't mind, tap that LIKE and THANKS buttons..

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Isn't it /system/media? But isn't it shut off by default in all cm roms?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yes it is. In fact, most of the ZVD ROMs have it disabled..

Boot sound has absolutely NOTHING to do with Baseband, I was just using ZVD as a reference..

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you enable it on cold as ice kuz I flashed the activate boot sounds zip still no sound

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

No No No..

That doesn't make sense... Gmail is compatable with ARMv6 processors, Sprint (carrier of course) and THEIR own version of Android... ICS..

That just doesn't make any sense..

Yeah.. I would do what you said, clear cache.

I would also trying to UNINSTALL updates to Gmail.. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Gmail > Uninstall Updates

Then clear Google Play Store's Cache and Data...

Settings > Applications > All > Play Store (or any variant of it) > Wipe Cache and Clear Data (click OK or YES if it asks are you sure)

... Some people have had trouble with faulty G'Play Store Error messages and SOME of them are fixable by clearing G'Play store cache and Data..

Once you've cleared Cache and Data for G'Play and Uninstalled updates to Gmail, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery...

FLASHBACK.. when I had CM7, I kept getting messages such as "Invalid Package File" and others like the "Not enough space" messages.. So I eventually contacted one of the dev's at AndroidCentral (I think it was either jstntp or thekraven) and they (one or the other) said that I might have to clear Data to fix.. So I cleared Data, Cache, and D. Cache and it worked again..

If all of this didn't help, try "Eris Market Fix" from the G'Play Store.. I in fact know that one is compatible, it cleared the "NO SPACE" messages, but it then switched to "Invalid Package File" messages..

Hope it helped! If you don't mind, tap that LIKE and THANKS buttons..

I think the thing here is that under normal circumstances, Gmail would be like most of the bloatware apps in that it's totally UNREMOVABLE. (Both an LG rep AND a Google rep told me this) Why Google would remove it from the GApps package at all is a complete mystery to me.

However, after quite a bit of fighting, I finally got Gmail back AND got it up and running. Of course, now the rest of Google Play wants to get all y and spit out "Package File is Invalid" or "Not Enough FIle Space" or "_______ could not be downloaded due to an error (921)" error messages. And in some cases, some apps that DO get downloaded won't even start up AT ALL. (Android Central & textPlus Free are particularly guilty of this) Wiping the data and cache of Google Play, Google Services Framework, and even wiping the cache & Dalvik from recovery have all done absolutely NOTHING to alleviate this.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I flashed 11d and just started getting reboots btw I'm on the ov did complete wipes still same. Need some advice

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463