Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The kravens(ICS)Cold as ice(if its not a bug report it goes here)

I'm just trying to help dev out and not clog the development thread they are getting mad cause everyone keeps bothering them with questions that isn't solveing their problems so lets let them work over there while we talk about it and hang here

I for one am wondering if drew's cwmT th8.1 is better to flash cold as ice 11d than xionia recovery. Does this affect it in any way?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by vernotzy21; 06-07-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    I'm just trying to help dev out and not clog the development thread they are getting mad cause everyone keeps bothering them with questions that isn't solveing their problems so lets let them work over there while we talk about it and hang here

I for one am wondering if drew's cwmT th8.1 is better to flash cold as ice 11d than xionia recovery. Does this affect it in any way?

they flash the same for me

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I'm using that recovery and haven't had issues with it. I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not but wasent Gmail available in the market and removed from the gapps package? I can't find it any where

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Shinkenred likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: The kravens (ICS)Cold as ice discussion forum

Good idea here dude. Maybe change the thread title to: "If it's about Cold as Ice, and it's not a new bug report, than post it here"? or something like that.
    prowlingfox likes this.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I'm using that recovery and haven't had issues with it. I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not but wasent Gmail available in the market and removed from the gapps package? I can't find it any where

Gmail is not part of the gapps package, but you can find it on the play store

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I'm going to try and clear play store cache and data it says not compatible.........
    The kravens(ICS)Cold as ice(if its not a bug report it goes here)-uploadfromtaptalk1339035004260.jpg

ROM
    Kraven's CM9

kraven posted the small version of gapps. Probably because he thought it runs better and I trust him. I don't think it has gmail though.

Or maybe because gmail was incompatible.
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Google removed Gmail from the package all together, just clearing data and cache didn't work so I went to recovery and cleared caches there and it came back. Not sure why it disappeared in the first place.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Good idea here dude. Maybe change the thread title to: "If it's about Cold as Ice, and it's not a new bug report, than post it here"? or something like that.
    Not sure how from my droid or the AC app I should say

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I don't have tapatalk so I don't know, sorry.maybe do it from phone web browser?
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by vernotzy21 View Post
    Not sure how from my droid or the AC app I should say

If its like tapatalk you press on the first post then press modify then press edit and change it there.

Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Where can I find the boot sound folder

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Isn't it /system/media? But isn't it shut off by default in all cm roms?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

No No No..

That doesn't make sense... Gmail is compatable with ARMv6 processors, Sprint (carrier of course) and THEIR own version of Android... ICS..

That just doesn't make any sense..

Yeah.. I would do what you said, clear cache.

I would also trying to UNINSTALL updates to Gmail.. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Gmail > Uninstall Updates

Then clear Google Play Store's Cache and Data...

Settings > Applications > All > Play Store (or any variant of it) > Wipe Cache and Clear Data (click OK or YES if it asks are you sure)

... Some people have had trouble with faulty G'Play Store Error messages and SOME of them are fixable by clearing G'Play store cache and Data..

Once you've cleared Cache and Data for G'Play and Uninstalled updates to Gmail, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery...

FLASHBACK.. when I had CM7, I kept getting messages such as "Invalid Package File" and others like the "Not enough space" messages.. So I eventually contacted one of the dev's at AndroidCentral (I think it was either jstntp or thekraven) and they (one or the other) said that I might have to clear Data to fix.. So I cleared Data, Cache, and D. Cache and it worked again..

If all of this didn't help, try "Eris Market Fix" from the G'Play Store.. I in fact know that one is compatible, it cleared the "NO SPACE" messages, but it then switched to "Invalid Package File" messages..

Hope it helped! If you don't mind, tap that LIKE and THANKS buttons..
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

Shinkenred likes this.
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Isn't it /system/media? But isn't it shut off by default in all cm roms?

Yes it is. In fact, most of the ZVD ROMs have it disabled..

Boot sound has absolutely NOTHING to do with Baseband, I was just using ZVD as a reference..
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

How do you enable it on cold as ice kuz I flashed the activate boot sounds zip still no sound

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    No No No..

That doesn't make sense... Gmail is compatable with ARMv6 processors, Sprint (carrier of course) and THEIR own version of Android... ICS..

That just doesn't make any sense..

Yeah.. I would do what you said, clear cache.

I would also trying to UNINSTALL updates to Gmail.. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Gmail > Uninstall Updates

Then clear Google Play Store's Cache and Data...

Settings > Applications > All > Play Store (or any variant of it) > Wipe Cache and Clear Data (click OK or YES if it asks are you sure)

... Some people have had trouble with faulty G'Play Store Error messages and SOME of them are fixable by clearing G'Play store cache and Data..

Once you've cleared Cache and Data for G'Play and Uninstalled updates to Gmail, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache in recovery...

FLASHBACK.. when I had CM7, I kept getting messages such as "Invalid Package File" and others like the "Not enough space" messages.. So I eventually contacted one of the dev's at AndroidCentral (I think it was either jstntp or thekraven) and they (one or the other) said that I might have to clear Data to fix.. So I cleared Data, Cache, and D. Cache and it worked again..

If all of this didn't help, try "Eris Market Fix" from the G'Play Store.. I in fact know that one is compatible, it cleared the "NO SPACE" messages, but it then switched to "Invalid Package File" messages..

Hope it helped! If you don't mind, tap that LIKE and THANKS buttons..
    I think the thing here is that under normal circumstances, Gmail would be like most of the bloatware apps in that it's totally UNREMOVABLE. (Both an LG rep AND a Google rep told me this) Why Google would remove it from the GApps package at all is a complete mystery to me.

However, after quite a bit of fighting, I finally got Gmail back AND got it up and running. Of course, now the rest of Google Play wants to get all y and spit out "Package File is Invalid" or "Not Enough FIle Space" or "_______ could not be downloaded due to an error (921)" error messages. And in some cases, some apps that DO get downloaded won't even start up AT ALL. (Android Central & textPlus Free are particularly guilty of this) Wiping the data and cache of Google Play, Google Services Framework, and even wiping the cache & Dalvik from recovery have all done absolutely NOTHING to alleviate this.

ROM
    Stock

Is this a fresh install or a dirty flash

ROM
    MIUIgb

Ok I flashed 11d and just started getting reboots btw I'm on the ov did complete wipes still same. Need some advice

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Quote Originally Posted by inceyet View Post
    Ok I flashed 11d and just started getting reboots btw I'm on the ov did complete wipes still same. Need some advice

Are you overclocked?

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: The kravens(ICS)Cold as ice(if its not a bug report it goes h

have you flashed any kernels?

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Are you overclocked?

Yeah I think I was at 806/480 performance

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    have you flashed any kernels?
    No which one do I need

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Yeah I think I was at 806/480 performance

Some phones can't take 806, try downing it to 748.

No which one do I need

None. With the latest alpha you flash no kernel.

Thanked by 3:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I'm worried thekraven is getting burned out on this project what would we do if that happened?

....I fear for us
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast