1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphone jack broken?

When I try to listen to music I can hear it perfectly with the speakers but once I connect in the headphones I can only hear the background . For example : Eminem - Stan , I can't hear any of eminems lines but I hear the beat and when the chorus comes with the one lady I can hear that .
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Headphone jack broken?

Anyone? I have turned it off and on multiple times, insert compressed air through it (like half a can lol ) and nothing
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Sounds like it might be broken... My optimus only plays mono now...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

How do you play it in Mono?

Anybody else ?
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

It's broken that way...

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok but how do you do it?
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Honestly, I was fishing a piece of lint out and screwed up one of the metal rings that contact the headphone plug...

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Anyone else? Please help.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Sounds like its broke... Only way to fix is change out the jack...

Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

How do I go by doing that?

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

I've had this from bad earbuds--I'd only hear part of the music which would sound like it was coming from the back of a deep cave. Granted, I usually buy rather inexpensive earbuds, but still you expect these things to work right. And usually they do. But I had to replace my last pair because the connecting end didn't make the proper contact with the jack, unless I rotated the connection point to be just so. I usually use a right-angle adapter, or even two of them, so at first I thought that was the culprit. But no; other old headphones we have lying around the house worked fine.

It was ridiculous and totally unacceptable, and a shame besides, because apart from the main issue of not working right, that set of earbuds was well made, with sturdy cables I wouldn't have had to worry about breaking or wearing out. If only they'd worked right.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thats not the problem with mine because I've used about 5 different headphones.

And yeah it does sound like in a deep cave

If you still can hear both L and R , accept with the missing vocal, it's likely the main signal is cancelling out. You might be able to listen in mono if you have access to alter the balance. Moving the balance all the way to the left or right might offset the cancelling and restore the voices, although in mono now. This happened to me. Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by myminh View Post
    If you still can hear both L and R , accept with the missing vocal, it's likely the main signal is cancelling out. You might be able to listen in mono if you have access to alter the balance. Moving the balance all the way to the left or right might offset the cancelling and restore the voices, although in mono now. This happened to me. Hope this help.