keyboard improvements?

jrmunch007

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife cannot stand the stock keyboard (too many miskeys) and hates swype. What are some options that work well? If I have to root I will.

thanks!

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Swift key 3 was really the best one I've ever tried. It predicts your sentences based on your past messages but I haven't been sprung for the paid version because my previous fav is still free and that's Go Keyboard. Good prediction & easily customized to personality. As you can see I'm using a theme that matches well with ICS.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

ddroid94

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the SwiftKey 3 and have to say that it the best I have seen. The predictions are as if the keyboard is plugged into your brain. You can also change the height of the keys in portrait and landscape view. The area for me that is lacking is the themes.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Smart Keyboard Pro is the best one for me! This too has type prediction and a lot of themes as well. Keys are adjustable and I like that you can calibrate the keyboard to your touch, which makes for a lot of less mistakes when typing fast.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC_IME Keyboard!
2012-06-02_073216.png
HTC_IME[ download/URL]!

This is a ported version of htc's keyboard and is a favorite of many. Assuming you are not rooted, just unzip the download and place the 2 all's within on the sdcard. Then apply with any file explorer. Make sure you enable non market apps first. Follow the link in my signature for my sources on it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2