1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default System Update fails

I rooted my Optimus S a few months back, but stayed with the stock ROM. Basically, I just rooted it so I could install Titanium Backup and force some apps to the SD card because I was running out of space on the phone.

Anyway, now I'm unable to successfully update it when it tells me there's on available. I'll run the update, it reboots the phone, and then fails the update right away. Is this because I've rooted it, is Titanium Backup keeping it from updating itself, or is there some other issue?

Also, the update is around 97MB, and I have about 24MB of free space on the phone itself, so could this be the problem?
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Quote Originally Posted by Sumpm View Post
    I rooted my Optimus S a few months back, but stayed with the stock ROM. Basically, I just rooted it so I could install Titanium Backup and force some apps to the SD card because I was running out of space on the phone.

Anyway, now I'm unable to successfully update it when it tells me there's on available. I'll run the update, it reboots the phone, and then fails the update right away. Is this because I've rooted it, is Titanium Backup keeping it from updating itself, or is there some other issue?

Also, the update is around 97MB, and I have about 24MB of free space on the phone itself, so could this be the problem?
    Your rooted that's why
    Get vh stock recovery
    Get zvj update and flash through stock recovery

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes.

24MB free? Really? You attempted to download a 97 MB update with no space for it? :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: System Update fails

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    24MB free? Really? You attempted to download a 97 MB update with no space for it? :P
    Actually, it said it was already downloaded to the phone.
    Thanked by:

But ither way, it still downloads to the SD Card, doesn't it?

Update.zip

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2