Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By epidenimus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck in boot loop

Ok my phone is stuck in boot loop, and most guides say to use the Lg mobile support tool, but the phone needs to be on to do that. And also, other guides say to hold down Home+Volume up+Power... But my phone wont stay on long enough to do this...

Side note: Phone turns on for about 2 seconds then turns off... Then repeats.

Any fixes?

EDIT: I have done NOTHING to the phone except use it normally... i.e. No rom flashing or anything like that
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Stuck in boot loop

Bootie Loops are not a naturally occuring breakfast.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Silas178 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It always happens when i plug it into a computer, but now it wont stop
    Thanked by:
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3r6969 View Post
    Ok my phone is stuck in boot loop, and most guides say to use the Lg mobile support tool, but the phone needs to be on to do that. And also, other guides say to hold down Home+Volume up+Power... But my phone wont stay on long enough to do this...

Side note: Phone turns on for about 2 seconds then turns off... Then repeats.

Any fixes?

EDIT: I have done NOTHING to the phone except use it normally... i.e. No rom flashing or anything like that
    What do you mean 'the phone won't stay on long enough' to get into recovery? It SHOULD be off to do the button combo.

Turn it off, then hold home+vol up+power until after the LG logo flashes and the screen goes black again. That should take you to the stock recovery. If that still doesn't work, let us know.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    What do you mean 'the phone won't stay on long enough' to get into recovery? It SHOULD be off to do the button combo.

Turn it off, then hold home+vol up+power until after the LG logo flashes and the screen goes black again. That should take you to the stock recovery. If that still doesn't work, let us know.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    When i do the combo it goes to Android system recovery Now what?
    The_Boss

ROM
    Joy

You will have to factory reset.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hope u can help...the problem I have is that mine is stuck on the little open box with the arrow pointing out towards the android and blicks every 5 seconds.
    I have tryed doing all you suggested volume,home & power buttons; starts up with lg then right back to the same thing ,meaning little open box with the arrow pointing out towards the android and blicks every 5 seconds. so thats where Im stuck please help...thanks in advance

My phone is stuck in a boot loop, I have rooted my phone with rom manger and I can't do a factory reset the screen turns purple. Help me please

ROM
    Stock

You're not supposed to use Rom manager as it is nit compatible. You should check out the stickies for a solution.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

what do u mean by stickies

what do u mean by stickies
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stickies are the threads permanently 'stuck' at the top of this forum.

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Quote Originally Posted by UGetAtMe2 View Post
    hope u can help...the problem I have is that mine is stuck on the little open box with the arrow pointing out towards the android and blicks every 5 seconds.
    I have tryed doing all you suggested volume,home & power buttons; starts up with lg then right back to the same thing ,meaning little open box with the arrow pointing out towards the android and blicks every 5 seconds. so thats where Im stuck please help...thanks in advance

I have the same problem right now. I hold down power and volume and then it shows reset info and then it goes to the android and the box and a gray loading bar below that and then reboots to the same problem. just a black screen looping.

Anyone have answers to this. I can't even complete a factory reset so how do you fix this?

I bought a phone from everbuying .com a android smart phone and it is stuck on the on the boot up screen,and it just stay on what can i do i really like this phone its new out of the box. Does the battery have to be charged

ROM
    GingerRom w/GingerKernel

Lightbulb Re: Stuck in boot loop

I'm assuming he's got the same problem as I do. Even if your phone is off, you hold down vol-dwn+home+power, it starts to boot to recovery, but as the back light turns on (before the android-bot w/the arrow and box) it just poops out and starts pre-boot looping again (w/the LG screen). I can only get it to not loop if I start it in e-mode(vol-dwn+voice cmd bttn[under camera button]+search+power while plugging in) and even then my computer shows it's STILL looping like it's being plugged in and unplugged over and over even though the e-mode screen stays on. I'm hoping it's not a hard brick, or maybe the charging port needs replaced, short in the board? IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE? who can help w/this.

I've got that same problem with mine! I hope its not permanently bricked either.

LS670 Boot Loop

That's the info I've been able to come up with through what I've researched, I can add the link of how to obtain that info too.

I bought a LG Optimus V670 its a virgin mobile phone it was rooted & i dint know so i factory reset it now im stuck on the logo screen i just need some info on how tl fix it

Exclamation Re: Stuck in boot loop

I tried the home + vol up+ power and it still doesn't work what should I do???

i clicked on the factory reset now im at a black screen with little green android guy and an exclamation point in a triangle? been stuck like this for an hour. HELP!!!!!!

after using the home volume power and the phone go back to android reboot press the power button again. it worked for me just now

Default Re: Stuck in booting while installing khmer unicode

Starting: I install khmer unicode on my android and it need to boot in order to use it easily.
    Problem: When I did it, my android get stuck.
    Request: Anybody could help me, please?

Hi guys I was wondering can a faulty power button cause a bootloop ,I have a Samsung galaxy s 3 I9300 ,I was on the phone and it just started rebooting ,I can't access recovery mode , I can access the download mode via removing battery while usb is plugged in , if u keep the battery in it just starts the boot loop over even while I'm in download mode ,iv tried downloading new stock firmware to it but still bootloop , the only thing I have not tried is a jig device ,hope u guys can help me out.
    Thanx
    Ashley

YUP, I be stuck in a boot-loop, I'll just go ahead and say it was my fault. NOOB <---- messing with stuff, It asks for a password ? anyone know how to get past that?