Can't update the new Youtube APK with Hydro ROM

Niubee43v3r

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried in play store, and it told me "out of memory" and wouldn't finish the download (still had 50ish MB free memory). So I went to XDA and downloaded the apk, tried direct install, it said "could not be installed". Tried delete the old youtube.apk in sys, place this new one in, changed the permissions and install, still no go.

Any more solutions on this? Recently I had a lot of such "app could not install" problem, mostly due to the app2SD, but youtube is a built-in program (same as googleMap, which I had to do the "delete from sys-->change permission-->install" trick.

Thanks a lot.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1566525

That is a link for the second post in the hydroRom thread. Jstntp make and post there what you need. You are looking for the dalvik2dev mod. Follow the directions there for your fix. Your issue with space to install apps has nothing to do with having enough internal storage. It is the dalvik storage that is full. The only downside from this mod is longer boot times as with it, dalvik must be build on every boot.

I will warn you, app2sd mods are not supported so I don't know how this mod will play with it. I also dont know if the app2sd script you use moves dalvik around. Be warned.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE