weird roaming issue

taylorben159

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Stop me and point me in the correct direction if this has been addressed before and I just missed it. I am running a Sprint LS670, rooted and running the ReBorn ROMv2.2.4. Everything was working great until Monday morning. Used the phone on my way in to work. Had a meeting to start the day off. When I walked out of the meeting and looked at my phone, it had no signal bars and no data. It stayed that way until I got home that night and reset my phone to stock. I now had signal bars and data, but my phone considered me roaming...so much so that if I turned off data roaming, I lost my data again. Also, my data was now only 1x though I am most definitely in a 3G area. I Re-reset my phone to stock and it stayed the exact same way. Called Sprint tech support on the phone and after resetting EVERYTHING on the phone, it was still the same. Support told me to take it in to a repair center and have them look at it. I dropped it off and 45 minutes later the "helpful" gentleman came to me and said that when they tested the radio of the phone it failed...ergo my antenna was broken internally. He was completely baffled at how although my antenna was "broken" I was able to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and get online both with the data plan as well as over WIFI. All this activity was definitely happening...while still roaming. I have the unlimited plan so roaming charges don't worry me. What sucks is that they could replace my phone with the same old phone (for $35 since I don't have insurance on the phone) or I could purchase a new VERY expensive phone bc my plan doesn't re-up till March.
So, here is my question. Any idea on why my phone is stuck on roaming? If so, any idea on how to stop that so that I can limp along on my phone till March? While I wait for response, I have transferred my number to my sister's old Samsung Transform...which is not letting me connect to my computer...which is preventing me from rooting and hacking it to make it a half-way decent phone. But that is a story for another time and forum :) Any help or ideas at all would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles