Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kcerica's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Question Touch Screen Not Responding

    This happens every so often. It has been a while since I've had this problem until now. It seems like it stays unresponsive for a lot longer than before and rebooting it doesn't help at all, it just starts working again when it feels like it and when it does start to come around it's really glitchy like it wants to move but it gives up and then it starts working like normal. I don't know what sets it off, I have noticed it doesn't seem to matter if it's fully charged or almost dead or if it has been used a lot or not much and it has been running different ROMs. I did a forum search but didn't really come up with anything for this. Could there be a quick way to get it to work again? I can't even answer the phone or unlock the screen because nothing moves at all but if it's the same as before it'll start working again, I just hope sooner than later! If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
  2. #2  
    turkbot's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Carrier
    Mikshifted-G 2.1

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    My wifes phone started doing this to and all I did was unrooted and went back to 2.2 and all is great now

    sent from a nuclear explosion
    kcerica likes this.
  3. #3  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,792 Posts
    Carrier
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    This is a bug found in the 2.3 gingerbread update. For some reason it doesn't always like to wakeup from sleep. Unfortunitally there is no real fix except rolling back to 2.2 froyo.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    kcerica likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    I'm on Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.17 etc, and the touch screen still doesn't work, from time to time. Rebooting (if I'm lucky enough to be able to power it off!) works to clear it. Although, for example, I just did that, and while touch screen works in most places, I can't scroll down the advice bar at the top to display incoming messages / emails / alerts etc, and touching menu options sometimes takes a couple of goes. I have an HTC Legend. Any other ideas? Thanks.
  5. #5  

    Angry Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    I have the same problem... The screen will just randomly stop responding to my touch. However, holding down the on/off button until it reboots seems to fix it for me....
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    How about if the screen comes on an you can't do anything with it...I can't unlock my phone I can't answer calls or texts...it won't let me do anything at all..but the screen comes on like it would work...I haven't dropped it or it has not come in contact with water...can anyone help me with this problem...
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    My phone was working fine. I hung up a call and two seconds later tried to unlock my phone to read a text and my touch screen was not responding. I tried rebooting multiple times. I cannot unlock my phone or use any of my phone functions besides turning it on or off. Is there a fix for this?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    I'm sorry Im not failure with un rooting it can you explain? My phones touch screen just stopped working for NO REASON what so ever I need it work but iv tried every thing,
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    mine was like that too.i was very careful with it.then all of a sudden it stops responding.i tried to on and off it, then the starting up took like 30minutes. all of my files was there cant access it through kies or even my computer because i turbed off USB debugging.did u happen to solve what's wrong?pls let me know..by the way im using samsung galaxy S1..
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Just put a little bit drop of screen cleaner (or water) on the icon where you open your device then swipe. It worked for me.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Please, it happens to me too...

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Verdin View Post
    How about if the screen comes on an you can't do anything with it...I can't unlock my phone I can't answer calls or texts...it won't let me do anything at all..but the screen comes on like it would work...I haven't dropped it or it has not come in contact with water...can anyone help me with this problem...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    My phone cracked and it used to still work, but now only the hardware buttons work. The touches are unresponsive, can anybody give some suggestions?
  13. #13  
    bigsupersquid's Avatar
    o_O

    Posts
    1,969 Posts
    Carrier
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Qureshi1 View Post
    My phone cracked and it used to still work, but now only the hardware buttons work. The touches are unresponsive, can anybody give some suggestions?
    use adb to get at it with android screencast through a pc?
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Use Your Android Device If Touch Screen Is Not Working - BeQuench
    A simple Guide On How You Can Use Your Android Device If Touch Screen Is Not Working Properly...
    Visit: goo. gl/eC23uv
    #BeQuench #android #HowTo #tipsandtricks
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Quote Originally Posted by saipants View Post
    I'm sorry Im not failure with un rooting it can you explain? My phones touch screen just stopped working for NO REASON what so ever I need it work but iv tried every thing,
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Quote Originally Posted by kcerica View Post
    This happens every so often. It has been a while since I've had this problem until now. It seems like it stays unresponsive for a lot longer than before and rebooting it doesn't help at all, it just starts working again when it feels like it and when it does start to come around it's really glitchy like it wants to move but it gives up and then it starts working like normal. I don't know what sets it off, I have noticed it doesn't seem to matter if it's fully charged or almost dead or if it has been used a lot or not much and it has been running different ROMs. I did a forum search but didn't really come up with anything for this. Could there be a quick way to get it to work again? I can't even answer the phone or unlock the screen because nothing moves at all but if it's the same as before it'll start working again, I just hope sooner than later! If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    i also have the same problem does anybody responded to your query?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Before anyone tries the Factory Reset option, try the "wipe cache partition" option on the Android Recovery Software page. This worked for me, but NOBODY recommended that as a fix. My screen suddenly stopped responding and I honestly tried every single recommendation I saw online. Nothing worked, including the hardware fixes. So before I tried the factory reset, I decided I had nothing to lose by trying the wipe cache partition option, on my S3. It WORKED !
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Quote Originally Posted by robebcan View Post
    Before anyone tries the Factory Reset option, try the "wipe cache partition" option on the Android Recovery Software page. This worked for me, but NOBODY recommended that as a fix. My screen suddenly stopped responding and I honestly tried every single recommendation I saw online. Nothing worked, including the hardware fixes. So before I tried the factory reset, I decided I had nothing to lose by trying the wipe cache partition option, on my S3. It WORKED !
    I have a verizon lg lucid 4g and my screen is doing the same thing
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    when i unlocked the screen it says that i have to install new updates and so i did it. after the updates it automatically rebooted, and re started thereafter but the process is very slow.and when the screen locks appeared i tried to unlock it but the screen is unresponsive and it just shut off and re start again on its own repeating the same thing over and over again but so futile...
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Last night I got on the phone with my dad. After that I took a bath. When I got out it wasn't working. I did not get water on it but after my bat, my phone screen stopped responding. I put it in rice just to make sure and it sat in there all night, I wake up, it is still not working. What do I do? Yesterday was my birthday so naturally I was on my phone all day. Could that have something to do with it?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    How do I do the factory reset????
  23. #23  

    Cool Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    I have a Verizon LG 4G, and I love this phone. I could not get the touch screen to function for about an hour. I tried taking the battery out (Shutdown/Shutdown Restart not functional) several times, and the touch screen still would not respond. On my last attempt to restart the phone I placed my entire right hand on the screen and made an upward swipe very quickly followed by 2 finger swipe (the motions/swipes were simultaneous motion).
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    Touch screen not responding.no fall or damage
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Touch Screen Not Responding

    what can i do . it wont move at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Touch screen not responding on droid
    By SusanHome in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 08:12 AM
  2. LY-F2S Tablet PC Touch screen not responding
    By Eric3ds in forum General Android Device Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 04:12 AM
  3. Lock screen not responding to touch (Intermittent)
    By sjkellyfetti in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 12:17 AM
  4. touch screen not responding/no service?
    By Sesami in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM
  5. Touch screen not responding is a known issue.
    By frh1 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions