GingerSnap Root Utility Help! (Person Will be "thanked" 50 times)

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Today I went to the Sprint store to fix my phone. It is a LG Optimus S LS670. I rooted it a few months ago and the su was not letting me use any of the root apps because it said "superuser not responding." So I stopped using any root apps. Then I tried to factory reset my phone a couple of days ago but all it did was go into CWM Recovery and after I tried pulling out the battery, changing recoveries (currently stuck in TWRP) and changing ROMs ( It will say successful even though there was no Md5 file and an "unknown firmware") with no success. I am sure I am in a boot loop because no matter what I do I am stuck in recovery and I just want to get out of the boot loop and possibly return to stock. But if that is not a possibility, then I will accept using a custom ROM. Right now my ROM is stock 2.2 Froyo. With GingerSnap it will say "The unrooting process is complete and your device is now rebooting. You may now exit this utility." The problem is my phone does not do anything at all. It just stays in TWRP with no type of reboot. When I went to reboot it myself it just went back into TWRP. The steps I took were 1. Download Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center 2. Download Download Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center 3. Download GingerSnap $. Install .Net Framework and hit the "Repair" instead of "Remove" button. 4. Visual C++ 2008 Redistribute package, 5. Unzip Gingersnap on "downloads" file (not on phone/removable disk) 6. Hit run as administrator 7. Hit "unroot" Then nothing happens. On the computer it just says it is done. I didn't do anything with the other 2 downloaded files. Can someone please help me and/or tell me what I did wrong. Thank you.

Last edited:

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you at least did a nandroid backup of your phone? I used ginger snap myself when I first rooted my phone and never had any issues. There's a sticky in there forums on how to revert back to factory settings or unroot your phone :)

Sent from my LS670 oh hush

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No I do not have a nandroid backup :( I didn't do enough research when I was rooting my phone. All I have are ROMs which are MIUI, DanteRom, and update.zip which is stock. I have attempted to use Ginger Snap with no success. It will say the device is unrooted but nothing happens when I go to reboot it, it just goes back into TWRP recovery which I hate more than CWM now. I did not know what I was supposed to do with the other files necessessary to use Gingersnap though. It was C++ 2008 and the .Net Framework. I will thank you 49 more times in any of your other forums by the way.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Ginger snap will do zero for you if you cannot get into android. Just to clarify, you are stuck in a recovery boot loop, and cannot get into android in any way? You cannot flash any packages successfully? All you can do is boot in and out of recovery. And you cannot successfully create an adb connection?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ginger snap will do zero for you if you cannot get into android. Just to clarify, you are stuck in a recovery boot loop, and cannot get into android in any way? You cannot flash any packages successfully? All you can do is boot in and out of recovery. And you cannot successfully create an adb connection?

yes, all of that is correct. I can't get out of TWRP no matter what package I flash.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that post is of zero help, don't bother. All the download links are dead in it and I have reported it to the moderators. Lets wait for him to respond so we can see where he is.

What steps have you done, how did you get to twrp from cwm. What formats/wipes have you done? Please give us more info.

Thank you for posting to the moderators. I got to TWRP from CWM recovery. That's the recovery I was in when I tried to factory reset my phone (When it was working) but then it would not let me flash a recovery or ROM. I have done a cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system, external storage, sd ext, and android secure wipe all through TWRP. When I was in CWM I had just installed TWRP successfully and it rebooted into TWRP. But now with TWRP if I try to install a ROM of anykind it will say successful but when I reboot it, it is right back into TWRP. This is what it says when i try to install the stock update.zip
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/update.zip' .
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file
E:unknown command [firmware]
Updating partition details...

Then It says "successful" and i wipe cache/dalvik first, then hit reboot. It just reboots back into recovery. I did try to reboot without wiping anything with the same results.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Download this, extract and open until you get to the 3 files within. Then plug in your phone to the computer, hold shift on your keyboard and then right click mouse within that folder (not on any items, just on the background) and select "Open command window here". Type "adb shell" and let me know how that goes. If successfull, we are ready to install xionia via adb (android debug bridge).

Edit: and by the way, not more "thanks are needed" the first hundred were enough LOL Glad to help.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Download this, extract and open until you get to the 3 files within. Then plug in your phone to the computer, hold shift on your keyboard and then right click mouse within that folder (not on any items, just on the background) and select "Open command window here". Type "adb shell" and let me know how that goes. If successfull, we are ready to install xionia via adb (android debug bridge).

Edit: and by the way, not more "thanks are needed" the first hundred were enough LOL Glad to help.

Okay it says "C:\Users\Aliyah\Downloads\adb_ files>adb shell
Error: device not found.

And sorry I'm just really grateful to get some help because my mom really needs my phone back on between basketball and school.

Starcanball

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I did that and my phone shows up on my computer.
It said daemon not running but it was started successfully through port 5037 and the device is still not found.
The device "removable disk" shows up on my cpu when I mount it using TWRP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995